BikeDenver a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that advocates for better policies and infrastructure to support increased bicycling in Denver. The mission of the organization is to promote and encourage bicycling as an energy efficient, non polluting, healthy and enjoyable transportation alternative in and around Denver.
The Executive Director is responsible for the general management of BikeDenver including advocacy and policy, financial management, fundraising, planning and program implementation, and staff management. The Executive Director is responsible for developing and managing the organizational advocacy strategy; creating and retaining revenue stream from grants, sponsorships, events and memberships; and leading the organization to meet annual and strategic goals. The Executive Director creates and operates programs and initiatives designed to educate and engage wide and diverse audiences about the individual and community benefits of bicycling, and directing efforts to improve Denver-area policies, practices, laws and physical infrastructure to support increased safe bicycling.
• Executive leadership
• Implementation of the objectives and mission of the organization
• Development and execution of an organizational fundraising plan including memberships, major donors, events and grants
• Manage organizational finances, including budget development and maintenance, local, state and federal financial filings, organizational accounting
• Develop and direct advocacy initiatives
• Develop and steward relationships with volunteers, community members, elected officials, partners, and stakeholders to futher the mission of the organization
• Plan and execute large-scale outreach efforts to promote safe bicycling to wide and diverse audiences
• Engage volunteers, supporters, funders, policy-makers and members through creative programming and events
• Manage volunteers, permanent and temporary staff and interns
• Direct organizational communications and outreach, including print, television, radio, web, and social media
• Responsible for the administration of the Board of Directors
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
Ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to perform and solve problems independently, and able to take initiative and make sound decisions with minimal oversight. Good oral and written communication skills are required. Organization, communication, customer service and a willingness to take on challenges are keys to success in this position. The individual must be able to thrive working within a team and possess the ability to handle multiple priority tasks under deadlines. Incumbent must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and evenings, as necessary. Candidate must have proficiency in basic software programs including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and experience with website and social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube). Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience in nonprofit or advocacy work. Supervisory and budget experience is required, and knowledge of Association Governance is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Expected salary range is $57,000 to $66,000 annually, based on experience. Benefits include insurance stipend, vacation, sick leave, and more.
Please email a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position and salary requirements to Search@BikeDenver.org. Applications are due Friday, April 26, 2013.
For more information about BikeDenver, please visit www.BikeDenver.org.