PeopleForBikes seeks a creative, organized and enthusiastic communications manager in our Boulder, CO office to join us in our mission to get more people on bikes more often. The ideal candidate will have a strong communications background and an eagerness to wear many hats as a part of a small, yet dynamic marketing + communications team. S/he will bring a passion for the position and will be quick, diligent and conscientious about each and every project.
- Write, edit, manage and deploy all email marketing communications.
- Develop messaging for materials, presentations, campaigns and media opportunities.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for PeopleForBikes.org. Develop original content, supervise freelance writers and other blog contributors, manage all site updates and external agency partners.
- Oversee social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.) Develop content strategy and calendar in partnership with marketing coordinator who runs the channels day-to-day.
- Analyze and report on all digital activity including email performance and site analytics.
- Liaise with the Business Network/Government Relations team to identify both PFB channel communications and media opportunities
PeopleForBikes is a dynamic, evolving organization where responsibilities are likely to morph and grow. All members of our team take on new duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field. Four to six years experience within a marcomm department, agency or nonprofit is required.
- Exemplary writing skills. The candidate should be able to write, report and copy edit pieces on tight timelines with little oversight. Formats can include emails, press releases, blog posts, social content and ad copy. This is a writing position so examples of past work will be required.
- Experience with email advocacy tools, fundraising and drip campaign best practices.
- Great project management skillset, with the ability to comfortably juggle multiple projects and occasionally work on tight timelines.
- Collaborative approach to work—the person will interface with multiple departments and external partners—and super customer service, both internal and external.
- A self-starter with extremely strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within larger marketing and communications strategy and ensure that communications adhere to the organization’s writing and design standards.
- Willing to travel (may be up to 10% of time.)
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative suite of tools.
- Experience using Spark Influence, Salesforce and Classy.
- Knowledge of and passion for bicycling is a plus, but not required.
Compensation and benefits:
This “at will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefits package is offered, which includes health insurance, paid time off and optional participation in a deferred compensation plan.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter including portfolio links via email with “Communications Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will remain open until filled. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. PeopleForBikes is an equal opportunity employer.