Reposted from Runners World
Never mind what our colleagues at that bicycling magazine say, here’s why running is the real best sport.
Our colleagues over at Riding Around on a Bicycle magazine recently tossed a jab at the world’s best sport with a little article called 7 Reasons Why Cycling is Better Than Running.
We took a look, and their arguments don’t seem to hold a lot of water. They basically boil down to admitting runners are tougher, enjoying the ability to coast, and thinking those silly outfits look good (please!)
Of course, there are a lot more than seven reasons why running is actually better. Here are just a few:
- Your butt doesn’t hurt after a run.
- …plus all that sitting is terrible for you.
- You can actually hold stuff in your hands.
- And if you need to stop for a second, you don’t have to worry about toppling over because your foot is stuck to a pedal.
- Bad weather? Not a problem. You can run even in the rain and snow…
- Top shelf running gear won’t eat your paycheck—how much does that “Look 795 Aerolight eTap” cost again?
- Running clothes aren’t made to be eight sizes too small. Seriously, you have to paint that stuff on.
Complete original Runner’s World article here
7 Reasons Cycling is better than Running, on 303Triathlon here