Stages offers you the opportunity to work within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people. We are looking for great people to join our team who are committed to living out our core values – Agile, Listening, Passionate, Creative, Intelligent – in an innovative environment.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
Apply through our Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.
* This position is Temp To Hire, with 90 day evaluation period.
Shipping Prep – Finished Goods Technician
Role and Responsibilities
This role includes final inspection of products, international order preparation, assembling and pairing left/right power meters, preparing work orders for the line, dispensing materials to the production floor, and occasional help in the warehouse. This position requires a high degree of detail and uses NetSuite daily.
- Finished Goods
- Use NetSuite to complete transactions
- Ensure that materials and finished goods are labeled and stored in the warehouse in an organized manner
- Inspecting and completing units coming off the line and building Finished Goods as required
- Maintain clean, tidy, and organized area
- Develop and implement processes to increase inventory accuracy and maintain accuracy over time
- Properly manage all materials and goods
- Fulfill shipping requirements
- Work well with coworkers, managers, and other employees
- Ensure work orders are pulled and staged to meet daily production requirements
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge of electronic measurement tools
- Able to utilize computer systems to track data
- Use Excel to create and generate reports for inventory cycle counts
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control
- Basic language skills. Able to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to communicate well with other employees.
- Basic reasoning skills. Able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to utilize equipment specific to assigned station.
- Employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. See below for additional details
- Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing equipment and standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Foundation Fitness will make reasonable accommodations requested.
- Ability to sit or stand for the duration of the day.
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- This position is primarily an in-office position.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Communication Skills — Able to listen, comprehend, and communicate well with others, both verbally and written
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Be professional and respectful
- Maintain a calm and consistent demeanor
- Use good judgement and integrity
- Attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
- Pride in work
- Flexibility in schedule – area hours need to be covered
- Use discretion and be trustworthy
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position will start as a full-time temp position with review and opportunity for direct hire after 3 months.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Travel is not required for this role.
Starting pay for Finished Goods Temps is $16 to $17 per hour. Evaluation for Full-time employment after 90 days with the potential for an increase. Pay range after full-time hire is $16 to $18 per hour.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional checks. Evaluations of criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
This position is a full-time temporary with potential to transition to full-time, in-office attendance position.
For Full-time – We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.