The Sales position will help lead sales functions for this growing company. The position is responsible for achieving sales growth targets, while supporting the vision and mission of the company. The position will work with sr. staff to manage independent outdoor retailers, distributors, online retailers, new distribution channels, and some international customers.
When up to speed on position responsibilities this individual will be be given the opportunity to become the main point of contact:
- Responsible for building long-term customer relationships and acting as Account Manager for existing customers.
- Individual must have ability to develop new business through customer development, cold calling, and the ability to close. The position requires a passion for selling.
- Must maintain full understanding of customers and competitive sales programs.
- Works with team to develop on-line / direct-to-consumer sales promotions.
- Required to know product line and able to describe feature benefits and functionality.
- Collaborates with Sr. Management to develop and manage MAP policy as well as communication of violations to retail partners.
- Will work with Sr. Management team to identify and manage outside sales reps.
- Works with team to ensure that trade-show related activities support sales and marketing strategies.
- Will help develop annual dealer sales materials.
- Position will collaborate on dealer communications, catalog copy, press releases, and other sales collateral.
- Contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of a small office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree
- Love of the outdoors and passion for cycling
- Passion for sales and relationship building
- Proficiency with Google Apps, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Good interpersonal skills and able to cooperate and communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisor and outside contacts
- Excellent organizational skills as well as proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Team oriented
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Self-directed and able to carry out assignments without supervision
- Willing to travel
- Direct experience in the outdoor industry
- Experience calling on independent outdoor retailers, distributors, or online retailers.
- Sales / Account Management: 2 years
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year
Submit applications by email to email@example.com