The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet Inc. is now a 40 + person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days off for participating in the wellness program, and liberal employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Purchasing Associate is responsible for responding to customer inquiries through The Pro’s Closet Inc. reactive channels. This position requires the ability to quickly and accurately identify bicycles and components along with their market value to generate competitive offers, then effectively communicate these offers to our customers and generate purchase orders. The associate will drive customer loyalty by delivering excellent service throughout each customer experience.
The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency. Staying organized in a busy work environment, working individually and as part of a team, some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more, inventory management and data entry will be expected.
● Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
● Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
● Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
● Make proactive outbound touches, and assume responsibility of inbound reactive touches, to/from potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail.
● Participate in the constant improvement of the sales process and workflows.
● Two to four years of sales experience, preferably in the bike, ski or outdoor industry.
● Strong bike knowledge and overall competency in being able to identify various bike components is important for success in this role.
● College degree preferred.
● Excellent communication, negotiation and selling skills.
● Familiarity with CRM practices.
● Positive attitude and willingness to work in a friendly team environment.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet Inc. offers a generous compensation package that includes 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays and your birthday paid off as well as health and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for achieving milestones in the company’s wellness program, and all employees participate in ownership of the company through stock option grants. Pay commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter the experience or knowledge you have working with bikes and bike components.
The Pro’s Closet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.