PeopleForBikes (PFB) seeks a full-time Vice President of Marketing to help meet our audacious goal of making the U.S. the best nation in the world to ride a bike. The VP of Marketing will work strategically and collaboratively with all departments and the bike industry across three pillars — infrastructure, policy and participation — to realize our vision, bring our important work to life, engage more people and businesses and activate campaigns and messages to key stakeholder groups.
We are looking for:
– A strategic thought leader who can distill complex advocacy ideas into tangible campaigns that meet our goals.
– A lead storyteller of our PeopleForBikes vision.
– A digital marketing expert that already understands or is committed to putting in the time to learn that biking and the barriers that keep people from riding.
– An experienced professional that delivers on-brand and business objectives.
– A data geek — someone with a deep understanding of web and mobile technologies and the role of data and consumer insights and channels.
– A leader that inspires and appreciates the creative and communications teams you manage to help them deliver their best work.
– A creative collaborator that brings campaigns and communications plans together working in partnership with internal stakeholders
Don’t meet every requirement? No problem. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they do, so we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 8-10+ years experience in brand marketing, digital marketing, consumer marketing or a leadership role within an agency setting
- High-level strategic thinker
- Problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Analytical skills to gather business/user insights and apply learnings
- Solid understanding of SEO and SEM
- Strong project leadership and ability to juggle between projects and priorities, from strategy to tactics
- Proven track record leading and coaching effective, collaborative and creative teams
- Ability to make strategic recommendations and present to board and industry leadership
- Our office is ADA accessible – this role will require use of a laptop for several hours and the ability to travel
- Passionate about PeopleForBikes’ mission and the power of the bike to make life great
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable and affordable access to bicycling for all, especially those from underserved and marginalized communities
- Lead and develop a dynamic and talented marketing and communications team of 10, alongside the existing leadership including director of marketing, senior manager of marketing and senior designer.
- Strategic brand management
- Budget forecasting and management
- Alongside director of marketing, develop PeopleForBikes goals, plans and marketing strategy for numerous rider and supplier campaigns, including integrated digital campaigns
- Create and manage the marketing and campaign strategy for our infrastructure, policy and participation programs
- Drive ongoing web development projects
- Research and brief stories and experiences for our digital channels that serve our audience and inspire them to make riding a daily habit
- Manage the seasonal consumer engagement plans from planning and development through launch and reporting, focusing on a clear set of KPIs
- Contribute to weekly meetings with partners across our organization
- Plan, brief and review content with stakeholders to ensure a seamless and integrated consumer journey regardless of channel
- Creating a yearly marketing and communications plan and capturing campaigns that resonate with PeopleForBikes constituents
- In partnership with our researchers, understand and apply insights to improve the way we communicate and connect with our consumers across all channels
- Provide strategic input for categories and creative partners on the role of digital journeys and optimizing stories across the digital ecosystem
- Create briefs for internal and external partners that support the overall brand strategy and ensure inspiring and effective content regardless of origin
- Provide clear, actionable feedback to all partners
- Transition to leading our industry Membership, Education, Events, and Marketing subcommittee
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience with a salary range of $135,000 – $175,000. PeopleForBikes offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. This includes paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy, including 22 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, a flexible work schedule including work from home options and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. In addition, we provide long-term disability insurance, a cell phone plan and a laptop computer along with many other benefits like industry discounts. As icing on the cake, PeopleForBikes pays you to ride your bike.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms are what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. Our core purpose is to make life great and our core values are to put others first, include everyone and it can always be better. We’ll talk more in the interview process about what these mean, but for now, know that we continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with remote work allowed and we really love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside passionate people improving the world through bikes (and hopefully you love bikes too).
PeopleForBikes is based in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. As Boulder is part of the Denver metro area, we prefer the candidate to be in the Denver metro area or the willingness to travel to Colorado one week each month. PeopleForBikes will consider a full-remote position for the right candidate. Regular travel is necessary regardless of location.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable and accessible places to ride for everyone starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are working to ensure our staff reflects the backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of the communities we serve. Employing a diverse staff enables us to better serve diverse communities and build an empowering, collaborative and innovative work culture. We strive to create an inclusive work environment where employees from all backgrounds and communities feel welcomed, valued, respected and received. Please see more about our efforts externally and internally at peopleforbikes.org/careers.
We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle. When you work at PeopleForBikes, you help us do the same.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF file, via email, with “VP of Marketing” in the subject line to PeopleForBikes’ chief of staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover letter should not exceed one page and briefly explain the candidate’s applicable experience including your experience working with people of different cultures or backgrounds.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit and research PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.