Stages Cycling LLC, with offices in Portland, and Boulder CO, launched the Stages Power meter in 2012, immediately making waves in the power measurement category. Stages has expanded into the commercial and home fitness categories with the SC3 commercial indoor cycling bike, with groundbreaking features designed to improve rider experience and increase durability. In 2016, Stages completed the outdoor power training ecosystem with Stages Dash, a performance GPS head unit, and Stages Link, a cloud-based training service, guiding athletes to their best performances on the road and indoors through easy analytics, education, and custom coaching. Read more about Stages Cycling at www.stagescycling.com.
Every Stages power meter sold anywhere in the world is made with care right here in Boulder, CO. We are looking for passionate, detail-oriented team members to join us in delivering creating the highest quality power meter for our customers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Design Engineer position plans and designs product applications and assembles project teams. The position is responsible for organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects.
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Maintain existing product (failure analysis, design improvements, and engineering change orders)
• Work closely with MFG to maintain production tooling, test and throughput capabilities
• Develop, Test and evaluate MFG tooling, fixtures and processes
• Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
• Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
• Test and evaluate theoretical designs
• Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
• Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
• Estimate budget and scope of project
• Solicit observations from operators
• Travel to manufacturing facilities internationally to observe, quality check, and provide feedback to manufacturer
• Prepare product reports and documentation
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
• Other duties and projects as assigned
*Non Essential responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
• Working experience with product lifecycle management, finite element analysis
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering and computer-aided manufacturing
• Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., SolidWorks)
• Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation, or similar)
• Ability to understand and trouble-shoot electro-mechanical systems
• Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc.)
• Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, materials science etc.
• Creativity and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
• Technical writing skills
• Machining and metal fabrication experience
• BSc degree in Engineering
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to speak well in front of large and small groups
• Excellent math and data calculation skills
• Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication including electronic mail communication.
• Ability to stand, sit, type, work at a computer, speak on the phone, and travel via plane to meet with customers
PREFERRED SKILLS – EXPERIENCE AS A CYCLIST OR PASSION FOR CYCLING AND/OR FITNESS. EXPERIENCE WITH SOLID WORKS.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office and engineering equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Foundation Fitness will make reasonable accommodations requested
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand; use hands to finger or handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; read and see near objects. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time salary position with standard office hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Limited travel required including locally, domestically, and internationally
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position. This position requires limited travel both locally, domestically, and internationally.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
Interested applicants should apply HERE