Welcome to Planet Cyclery!
This is a company of likeminded cycling enthusiasts wanting to make an impact on the industry. As a growing bicycle retailer, we’re looking for a capable individual wanting to develop their skills and knowledge of the industry by assuming the role of assistant manager at our newest retail location. This person will need to have high mechanical aptitude in tuning and repairing bicycles. Also, the manager must go the extra mile to ensure that our customers are treated with respect as they invest in a lifestyle that we are all passionate about. Retail isn’t just about selling! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, proactive, trustworthy, reliable, knowledgeable and most importantly, wanting to make a difference in peoples’ lives. At Planet Cyclery we want to help maximize your potential and never settle upon mediocrity. If you love riding road, gravel, mountain and everything in between, now is the time to become part of an innovative force in the world of cycling.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Assisting store management with daily operations that include: open and closing the location, maintaining store cleanliness and merchandising standard, receiving and shipping coordination and delivering extraordinary customer service
• Directing the flow of bicycle service work. This entails assisting the lead mechanic with prioritizing and delivering exemplary work when handling both bike service and builds out of the box.
• Inspecting and tuning road and mountain bikes to a high standard.
• Cleaning frames, wheels and small components to company standards
• Abiding by all company policies and maintaining high retail standards as set forth by the store manager.
• Assists patrons with the bike fitting, also aids them with selecting appropriate components, apparel and other needs.
• Assisting patrons with product knowledge and delivering extraordinary customer service
• Ensuring that store associates and mechanics follow company standards
• Ensure that employees are following all cash handling loss prevention protocols
• Assisting the store manager with planning and control of the operating budget
• Follows operating procedures in conjunction with safety compliance
• Maintain professional standards while generating sales and delivering a quality customer experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal. Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Assist with customer complaints and inquiries
• Current knowledge of industry products, trends and the ability to demonstrate understanding of products
• Aid with community outreach by hosting group rides and attending industry driven events in coordination with store management.
• Maintaining company paperwork according to policies and standards
• A passion for the outdoors
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
• 1-3 year of management experience required
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel
• 1-3 years of experience building and tuning bikes
• 1-3 years of experience with retail POS systems and cash handling
• 2-4 years of retail experience, within the bike industry preferred
Salary: 15.00-19.50 BOE per hour
• Employee purchase program
• Fitness reimbursement plan
• 401k Saving Plan
• Health insurance
How to apply:
*Please attach cover letter and resume*