Stages offers you the opportunity to work within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people.
Our company is growing!! We are looking for great people to join our team who are committed to living out our core values – Agile, Listening, Passionate, Creative, Intelligent – in an innovative environment.
Apply through our Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages and coordinates all warehouse activities, operations, and staff to ensue conformance to established procedures; implements practices that improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the supply chain.
• Manages all warehouse activities in support of manufacturing operations including but not limited to receiving, storing, picking, and shipping materials.
• Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective department processes, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains strict inventory control.
• Ensures accurate and timely shipments and receipts.
• Enforces established safety guidelines; promotes a safe workplace.
• Maintains accurate records and metrics; audits as necessary.
• Performs quarterly and/or annual physical inventories; provides inventory reports.
• Processes returned, rejected, and obsolete parts.
• Establishes and maintains professional communication with vendors.
• Identifies, documents, and implements opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
• Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops warehouse staff; manages schedules and workflow.
• Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations.
• Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
• Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. See below for additional details
• Directly and/or indirectly supervises 4-8 employees within the Warehouse department(s).
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
• Strong inventory control skills.
• Knowledge of warehouse operations best practices.
• Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• High levels of communication and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Proficient in NetSuite or relevant ERP system and MS Office Suite
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to collaborate, communicate, lead, and interact effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Bilingual skills a plus
• Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
• Ability to perform the necessary physical labor
• Ability to sit or stand and type at a computer
• Ability to read and interpret documents including email communication. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
This position Directly and/or indirectly supervises 4-8 employees within the Warehouse department(s).
This job operates in a warehouse setting which includes proximity to large pieces of equipment. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment in addition to standard office equipment. The environment includes noise levels which comply with OSHA safety standards. Personal Protective Equipment may be required.
• Ability to sit or stand for the duration of the day.
• Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Written and Oral Comprehension — The ability to understand written and verbal communication.
• Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, exempt from overtime pay.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional checks. Evaluations of criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.