The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest retailer of previously-owned bikes and cycling gear. We purchase bikes and components from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals and work alongside bike shops to help customers trade in their old bikes for a new one. What sets us apart from our competition is the care we put into our bikes before sale. Our team of professional mechanics clean, inspect, and tune dozens of bikes every day, ensuring our customers have the best experience when buying a bike from us.
Founded in 2007 by Nick Martin, a former professional mountain biker, The Pro’s Closet Inc. is now a 40 + person company headquartered in the cycling hub of Boulder, CO. Our office is a casual, yet fast-paced environment where t-shirts are the norm and dogs roam free. We love bikes, and offer weekly staff lunch rides, additional vacation days off for participating in the wellness program, and liberal employee discounts. With generous benefits, casual work environment, and opportunities for growth, this is a great time to join our team.
The Retail Purchasing Associate position is the public face of TPC. The interactions with potential customers and current clients has a direct reflection on our brand.
This role requires an extremely versatile skill set and a deep knowledge of cycling related technology and current market values. All candidates must present a naturally positive, exuberant demeanor and a keen attention to detail.
As a Retail Purchasing Associate, you will manage at-once purchasing decisions, virtual and face-to-face customer interaction and consultation, PO and LEADS data entry/admin, suggestive selling, and inventory management.
The Retail Purchasing Associate position demands the ability to efficiently execute operational responsibilities while simultaneously balancing the needs and expectations related to an exceptional customer service.
● Ensure all shoppers are acknowledged and educated on the TPC model.
● Identify and evaluate potential purchases in a tactful, professional manner.
● Create purchase orders, LEADS forms, and other operational documentation necessary to the purchasing, processing, or sale of TPC inventory.
● Organize, clean, and maintain the physical retail space, transition bays, and all associated display property.
● Assist with operational follow-up, data entry, and processing discrepancies within the purchasing department.
● Additional responsibilities outside the office include, but are not limited to: trade shows, consumer facing events, product transfers, event management, etc.
● Participate in the constant improvement of the Purchasing Department process and workflows.
● Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
● Positive attitude and willingness to work in a friendly team environment.
● Standardized schedule – mandatory weekend coverage.
● Understanding and current with component spec and market trends.
COMPENSATION / BENEFITS
The Pro’s Closet Inc. offers a generous compensation package that includes 2 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays and your birthday paid off as well as health and life insurance. Employees can also earn an additional 4 paid days off for achieving milestones in the company’s wellness program, and all employees participate in ownership of the company through stock option grants.
The Retail Purchasing Associate position is a salaried role with compensation dependent on experience. There will be a 2 month probationary period regarding purchasing authority and commission associated. During this timeframe, your suggestions will be tracked and assessed for accuracy on a weekly basis. At the end of the two months the department manager will evaluate performance and determine if there’s need for additional training or permission granted for outright purchasing/commission.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any information about your background working with bikes and components in your cover letter.
The Pro’s Closet Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
How The Pro’s Closet Began