You may register for the LT100 MTB lottery as an individual or a group. A maximum of four family members, friends or teammates can click the group registration option. Group members will register individually, but be sure to use the exact same group name to signify being part of a group. This will mean that either your entire group will be successful in the lottery, or not, assuring that no one will be left out! Please note that if a member of your group has completed the LT100 MTB under the designated sub-12 hour cut-off time eight or more times, they will be forfeiting their preference in the lottery.
If you are unsuccessful in the lottery process and still wish to participate in the LT100 MTB, you have the option to race one of our qualifier events to earn your spot in. Each Leadville Race Series qualifier provides slots to the Stages Cycling Leadville Trail 100 MTB, based on the total number of registered riders at each qualifier event. Half of the qualifying spots will be allocated based on the top age-group performances and half will be drawn among riders who have finished the qualifier race within the allocated cutoff time. The number of slots is up to discretion of the LRS team.
Qualifier events include:
- Austin Rattler MTB
- Wilmington Whiteface MTB
- Lutsen 99er
- Stages Cycling Silver Rush 50 MTB
- Tahoe Trail
- Stages Cycling Leadville Stage Race
- Barn Burner
- Qualification events will be allocated 25-100 slots, based on the number of registered riders.
- 50% of slots will be distributed based on performance in the qualifying event.
- Slots will be distributed to each gender and age group (20-29, 30-39, etc.) based on the percentage of total athletes in those age groups, with a minimum of 1 slot for every age group.
- The top athletes in each age group will receive the allocated slots.
- In the event a top athlete elects not to accept a slot, the slot will roll down to the next athlete in the results, within the age group.
- In the event slots are not claimed after the roll down in each age group, those slots will be allocated to the Event Lottery, as described below.
- One slot will be allocated for the top single speed rider.
- Slots will be allocated to the top tandem team.
- 50% of slots will be distributed through the Event Lottery.
- All finishers under the pre-determined maximum finish time, who have indicated their desire to participate in the lottery, will be entered in the lottery.
- Names will be drawn from the eligible lottery athletes and slots will be given out.
- In the event an athlete opts not to accept a slot, the slots will roll down to the next athlete that is drawn, until ALL slots have been distributed.
- Qualification slots must be claimed in person immediately.
- Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 must be completed and paid for immediately.
- For the 2021 Qualifiers, riders may elect to race in the Leadville Trail 100 for 2021 or defer until 2022. Registration will happen onsite for either year and payment will be assessed for 2021 or 2022. Through the registration process, riders will be asked to select the year they prefer to race.
- Only solo riders will be eligible into the LT100 MTB. Relay participants and tandem riders are excluded.
- All registration fees for the LT100 are non-transferrable and non-refundable.