Thank You for your interest. This position has been filled
Join the team that is transforming the way coaches and athletes interact!
* One of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work” for 6 years *
If you are interested in playing a role in designing and implementing innovative web app solutions for coaches and athletes – then you have come to the right place. At TrainingPeaks we share a passion for creating the next best thing in the world of endurance training software and are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join the API Team, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
The TrainingPeaks “API Team” is responsible for creating and supporting the services and infrastructure of our public API and 3rd party “cloud-to-cloud” integrations. This team owns the entire delivery process around this business goal: from managing 3rd party relationships, prototyping potential integrations, refactoring and maintaining existing “core” business logic systems, implementing OAuth flows, to helping with AWS infrastructure and being a key part of the release engineering–you do it all.
Who We Are
Passionate developers spread across a number of cross-functional Agile teams building cool stuff!
Software engineers, QA, designers, and managers share a large common space and common vision of clean, pragmatic code with a clear goal to help athletes train better. Most of us are recreational and competitive athletes who love both their training and training tools, make heavy use of the TrainingPeaks applications, and bring that experience into their job. Weekly group rides or power-lifting sessions in our Pain Cave are a common way to release stress and refresh our creativity.
Refactoring and unit testing are daily practices, and each one of us is dedicated to fixing broken windows as they’re found. New features are often pair-programmed and almost always include full automated test coverage. At the same time, our managers and leaders constantly strive to balance technical debt with the pragmatism of an agile process. We started down the Scrum path and some of our teams have slowly evolved towards Kanban and pull-based Lean methods. Teams love the level of communication of daily stand-ups and weekly process reviews, and each developer is deeply motivated to constantly improve their daily workflow.
Core Functions of the Role:
– Supporting 3rd party partners using the TrainingPeaks B2B API
– Maintaining the documentation for the TrainingPeaks B2B API
– Testing of partner applications and hardware devices
– Assisting in the development of unit tests for mission critical code
– Bachelors in Computer Science or STEM degree, OR demonstrable experience
– 2-3 years experience in software development
– Great communications skills are a must
– C# / .NET, Java, or similar experience preferred, with good knowledge of OOD, common OO practices,
and Design Patterns (in any language)
– A working understanding of Web API technologies such as OAuth, RESTful, or SOAP
– Strong drive for problem-solving, for constantly evolving technologies and software development
– Experience with SQL Server, nHibernate, Elasticsearch, Redis, JSON, Web API, Git & GitHub, TeamCity
CI, AWS, nUnit, IOC, HTML,Obj-C, Swift, or mobile development would be a plus
– Outdoors enthusiast or endurance athlete who has used TrainingPeaks in your own training
Benefits and Perks:
– 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision
insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
– $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
– 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires. Increases in PTO at various years of service
– 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
– Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
– Dog friendly office
– Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
– On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit
equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
– Corporate discount at Anytime Fitness
– Lynda.com subscription
– Beautiful Northeast Boulder, CO location
– Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
If you’re interested in joining us, please apply via this link: