Bicycle Colorado is a statewide advocacy organization dedicated to building a more bicyclefriendly Colorado. Our vision is to create a welcoming environment for every person who simply wants to bike or walk. Our nonprofit will be celebrating its twenty fifth anniversary next year and continues to expand its influence. Recognized as a top advocacy organization in the nation, Bicycle Colorado works to increase access to and enjoyment of biking and walking. Bicycle Colorado’s programs include policy development, complete streets technical consulting, trail network support and bicycle education. Improving access and health and safety for people biking and walking are central to every program. Our office is conveniently located in LoDo near bike paths, rail lines and Union Station. Indoor bicycle parking is provided.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the major responsibilities for this position include:
● Drafting and development of eNews articles (semimonthly electronic newsletter)
● Distribution of eNews through Vertical Response; promote through social media
● Manage and update (WordPress) website, including graphics and photos
● Develop PR strategies and relationships and initiate outreach as needed
● Oversee production of Ride Time News (semiannual hardcopy newsletter), including drafting, development and coordination of articles, editing articles, overseeing layout with an outside designer and final proofing
● Coordinate the printing and mailing of Ride Time News with outside vendors
● Development of annual report for inclusion in Ride Time News and/or as a standalone piece
● Responsible for Colorado Pedals Project communications
● Lead and coordinate social media strategy and posts
● Coordination of weekly staff blog posts, including scheduling and editing
● Graphic design support of website elements, inhouse prospect pieces, handouts, etc.
● Support and editing/proofing of grant applications as needed
● Work with Membership Manager to develop and refresh member and prospect communications to incentivize and ensure professional messaging
● Support of our larger events in various capacities Additionally, the successful candidate will be asked to provide support to other departments as needed, including membership fulfillment, outreach and education with other members of the Bicycle Colorado team.
Background and Skills sought:
● Extensive communications experience—drafting and editing of professional publications is a must
● Attention to detail and accuracy
● Advanced skills in WordPress website administration, including managing themes, plugins, menus, widgets; basic HTML skills a plus
● Basic understanding of Google analytics and other metrics tracking
● Social media experience—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube
● Proficiency with InDesign, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator a plus
● PR experience and media placement successes
● Communications experience tied to revenue generating activities.
● Proficiency in managing editorial calendars
● Strong organization and multitasking skills
● Ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere
● A passion for bicycling and interest in Colorado cycling and transportation issues
Compensation and Benefits:
An annual salary in the mid $30s will be awarded to the successful candidate. Full benefits package includes health, dental, vision, paid vacation, transit benefit and retirement plan match. This is a full time position in our LoDo office. Occasional evenings or weekends needed for special events.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume, two writing samples and up to three references. Please also include any relevant online content and graphic design samples.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting to remain open until position is hired. Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants and employees.