• CHAIN LETTERS: Official Rules

Submitted by Andy Schmit on June 22nd, 2021

Official Rules Submission: Essays should be submitted using the online form only. 303 Chain Letters 2021: Each contestant MUST provide contact information for a teacher, coach, relative or other adult sponsor, 21 years of age or older, in order toRead More

• CHAIN LETTERS: An Essay Contest

Submitted by Andy Schmit on June 21st, 2021

Why do you love cycling and why does cycling make the world a better place? If you are a Colorado kid, between the ages of 12 – 18, you can win a great selection of prizes, by answering this questionRead More

• It Could Be Me Announces Board of Directors for New 501c3 Advocacy Group

Submitted by Bill Plock on June 3rd, 2021

From an Olympian to IRONMAN Champion, to organizer of one of America’s most recognized cycling races to entrepreneurs and advocacy leaders in cycling, It Could Be Me announces its board of directors.  Read more

• Advocacy in the Wake of Tragedy; Tenacity, Patience and Empathy Needed

Submitted by Bill Plock on May 24th, 2021

The senseless murder of Gwen Inglis at the hands of person with a history of impaired driving enrages most anyone, cyclists or not. As cyclists we are outraged and we want more protection and stronger punishments. But it’s not easy, it’s not simple. And while it may be obvious what needs to change, it takes time, it takes advocates, it takes patience and it takes understanding and empathy. Read more

• Becky Furuta’s Loving Memories Of Gwen and Thoughts Moving Forward

Submitted by Bill Plock on May 20th, 2021

I’ve had a few days to process the loss of my friend, and the sadness of it all spreads over me like a warm blanket. But still, I want to ride my bike. It’s who I am. The bike remains the only place in the world where I feel truly at home and in love. Read more

• Bicycle Colorado Hosting Bike Story Telling Showcase May 19th

Submitted by Bill Plock on May 14th, 2021

Join Bicycle Colorado on Wednesday, May 19 at 5:30 p.m. MDT for a virtual bike storytelling gathering–the Story Showcase with Bicycle Colorado. Read more

• BASE Performance Seeks Custom Team Apparel Manager

Submitted by Bill Plock on May 10th, 2021

BASE Performance is looking for a Team Apparel Manager to join our Boulder, CO based team. This position will oversee, manage and scale custom apparel sales to triathlon, cycling, running, and swim teams across the United States.  Read more

• My Ad-van-ture with “Johnny”, Confessions of a Van-Life Newbie With a Titus Adventure Van

Submitted by Andy Schmit on April 21st, 2021

Johnny Cash is arguably the most influential musician to bridge the gap between country music and rock-n-roll. With that said, you may be wondering what “the man in black” is doing in the lead of an article about van-life and endurance sports. On a weekend in April, I had the unique opportunity to take “Johnny” to the red-sand desert of the Colorado Plateau in Fruita, CO for some mountain / gravel biking and camping. It would be my second foray into Van-Life.

You see, the guys at Titus Adventure Company name all of their vehicles after legends of country music. When I met “Johnny” he was parked next to a candy-apple red van named “Reba” inside the Titus staging garage located off of I-70 and Pecos. Read more

• Denver’s BOA Technology Now Presenting Sponsor of the Hundo

Submitted by Bill Plock on April 19th, 2021

eam Evergreen Cycling, a cycling organization that prides itself on thoughtful philanthropic impact, is pleased to announce BOA® Technology as the presenting sponsor of this year’s Hundo mountain bike race, taking place on June 19th in the Buffalo Creek trail system.

BOA Technology Inc., creators of the revolutionary, award-winning BOA Fit System, partners with market-leading brands to make the best gear even better. BOA was born in the Rocky Mountains in 2001 with an innovative performance fit system that transformed how snowboarders “dialed in” their boots. Delivering fit solutions purpose-built for performance, the BOA Fit System is featured in products across cycling, snow sports, running, workwear, and more.  Read more

• Bike Jeffco Bigger Impact on Cycling than You May Think–US 40 Paving Project Great Example

Submitted by Bill Plock on April 16th, 2021

Did you know that Highway 40 (the backside of Lookout Mountain) will be re-paved from Highway 93 (Colfax) to the Genesee exit this summer? Or did you know that Jeffco Open space is negotiating with the Department of Energy to do a massive land swap that would result in more possible recreation on South Table Mountain? Both of these projects along with many others in Jefferson County will possibly have a major impact on cycling, running and hiking all over the county. Thanks to advocacy group Bike Jeffco, cyclist have a strong influence on how these projects happen, or don’t happen.

Bike Jeffco has been helping ensure safer roads and trails for over 20 years. The late Dave Evans established the group when tensions were high in Deer Creek Canyon. Charlie Meyers took over as Chairman and has grown the group and attendance has soared at monthly meetings. 303 will interview Charlie soon to learn more about his vision and why he loves cycling so much. Read more