Learn more about Winter Park Mountain Bike Series
A 5.2 mile non-technical hill climb with a 2,062 foot elevation gain. The course starts at the base of the Winter Park Resort and climbs to the top of Mary Jane Ski Area following the mountain service road. At the finish at Lunch Rock you’ll be rewarded with 360 degree views of the Continental Divide and Fraser Valley.
DETAILED COURSE DESCRIPTION FOR PRE-RIDERS:
Start is at the base of the mountain road, just past the Sorensen Park sign on the north end of the base area.
* Follow the road up and past Tunnel Hill.
* Right after Tunnel Hill the climb gets a bit steeper, turn right at the intersection about 100 yards after Tunnel Hill.
* You'll pass four switchbacks, with the last one being out on a ski trail. About 100 yards after the fourth switchback, turn left at the intersection.
* This section eases up and is fast to 5 Points. Continue straight and the climb will get tougher again. Eventually you'll come out at the base of the High Lonesome chairlift, turn left here staying on the main road.
* After a bit you'll ride under a chairlift (Olympia). About 200 yards later turn right at the base of a ropetow lift. You'll see the Sunspot ski lodge ahead, don't go up to the lodge.