Boulder County's Transportation Department is hiring a Bicycle and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Planner (PL1). Housed within the Planning Division, the TDM Planner will implement a number of innovative bicycle, pedestrian and TDM programs. Programs will be both with Boulder County staff (internal programs) and with Boulder County residents, employees and visitors (external programs). This position reports to the Alternative Transportation Coordinator and will work regularly with other planning and engineering staff. This is a highly visible position that requires significant contact with the public, neighborhood groups and public sector staff across multiple municipalities in Boulder County.
Examples of Duties (partial list):
1. Provide project support for bicycle, pedestrian and other alternative mode related projects in Boulder County.
2. Manage a county wide sidewalk inventory and develop a missing sidewalk links database to implement the pedestrian element of Boulder County's Transportation Master Plan (currently being developed).
3. Identify and address maintenance needs on bicycle and pedestrian facilities including snow removal, sweeping, vegetation cutting and concrete repair.
4. Develop bike count methodology for summer 2012 including defining locations, times, and coordinating volunteers.
5. Manage the automated bike counters on the County's trail system; download and compile data.
6. Assist the traffic engineer on inventory and installation of appropriate regulatory and advisory bicycle signage and roadway markings.
Bachelor's Degree in Planning or related field and one year of professional experience in urban, regional or community planning is required.