Stages offers you the opportunity to work within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people, with office perks such as lunch time bike rides, friendly dogs, and more!! Our company is growing!! We are looking for great people to join our team who are committed to living out our core values – Agile, Listen, Passion, Creative, Intelligence – in an innovative environment.
Apply through our Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role has full ownership over the Warranty and Repair Department. The purpose is to manage the personnel and activities and report to the Production and Quality Director as well as work with the Operations, Production, and Product Development departments to address warranty needs and communicate about the issues identified. This role is designed to ensure that all Warranty Repair activities are accomplished and to be an advocate to the Production and Quality Director for the needs of the Warranty Repair Area as well as communicate to the Warranty Repair Team the vision and mission of the company.
MANAGE WORKFLOW IN AREA
• Understand department targets and strategy from Production Director
• Actively manage Warranty Repair Area to ensure efficient product flow and processes are being followed
• Develop, capture, analyze and report departmental performance against goals.
• Analyze departmental workflows to identify opportunities for process and efficiency improvement and present to Production Director
• Incorporate approved process changes
• Actively manage evolving data requirements and work closely with NetSuite Analyst to ensure various software interfaces/functions perform correctly.
• Communicate specific area targets to direct team (or leads if relevant) through daily, weekly, and written communication
• Work closely with other managers to maximize department efficiency and accomplish goals
• Understand department needs
• Communicate issues and propose solutions to Production Director
• Implement solution per Director approval
• Ensure that ERP system is used consistently and effectively
WARRANTY REPAIR MANAGEMENT
• Ensure team meets warranty repair deadlines in all tasks and projects
• Work with other area managers to identify and eliminate process bottlenecks
• Provide Warranty Repair Area reports to Production Director
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Hold Team members accountable to established rules
• Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the entire Warranty and Repair process
• Be available to assist Team as necessary
• Know how to adjust and configure all tools and fixtures in your area
• Identify issues and bring to Production Director
• Work with Quality Analyst to understand line fallout issues and present findings as necessary
• Develop, modify and report area dashboard/scorecard for work unit reflecting departmental performance against goals.
• Manage team of employees and leads
• Hold direct reports accountable to the company policies, job duties, and directives
• Monitor the performance of employees of the operating unit for any performance deficiencies and provide individual coaching for performance improvement.
• Provide regular feedback and performance evaluations including annual performance reviews for all direct reports
• Issue corrective action up to and including termination if necessary, with the support and authorization of HR and upper management
• Interview and select new employees if needed, with the support and authorization of HR and upper management
• Manage timecards, schedule, and calendar for team
• Work with HR to attract, recruit, hire, and onboard personnel to meet staffing needs
• Ensure personnel have adequate tools, training, and resources to effectively perform their job functions.
• Report to Human Resources any instances harassment or discrimination that are witnessed, reported, or suspected by any employee.
• Mentor and train direct reports.
• Be professional and respectful
• Maintain a calm and consistent demeanor
• Be leaders – lead by example, be a mentor
• Use good judgement, integrity, make thoughtful decisions and be fair
• Attention to detail
• Sense of urgency
• Pride in work
• Ownership of area
• Mindfulness of business – how do your decisions affect the business? Vacation timing, hours, etc.
• Flexibility in schedule – area hours need to be covered
• Use discretion and be trustworthy
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• This is a full time position.
• Relevant experience is preferred.
• Power Meter familiarity a plus
• Electro-mechanical device familiarity a plus
• Knowledge of electronic measurement tools
• Ability to work independently and self-manage duties and tasks.
• Ability to use NetSuite and other processing systems.
• Ability to prioritize workload and provide direction to Team
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds
• Computer skills such as looking up Work Order information, entering Serial Numbers and information, managing timecards, etc.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• High level of organizational skills.
• High level of flexibility and creative problem solving.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate with other employees.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Equipment. Ability to utilize equipment specific to assigned area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to sit or stand for the duration of the day.
• Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Written and Oral Comprehension — The ability to understand written and verbal communication.
• Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
This position supervises a team of two to five employees. This team size will change as business demands.
This job operates in a manufacturing and warranty repair environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and also uses machines and tools to work on dissecting and rebuilding products.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Travel is not required for this role.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional checks. Evaluations of criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.