Now in its 45th year, Wheat Ridge Cyclery is an acclaimed and highly regarded industry leader. With an emphasis on legendary customer service, comprehensive knowledge, and professional expertise, WRC is currently seeking a Director of Marketing to join the leadership staff. WRC is a 30,000 sq ft, single location bicycle shop with an in-season staff of 70 spirited and passionate cycling devotees.
The Director of Marketing holds ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business.
• Develop and implement the WRC Brand Strategy and corporate identity initiatives
• Develop and implement marketing plans, including editorial and promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions, and other marketing projects
• Develop marketing strategy for new and existing products
• Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR
• Develop and manage marketing budgets
• Develop product branding plans
• Establish and grow a target market share
• Monitor costs and budgets
• Conduct customer, brand, and product research initiatives
• Offer expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media, and events
• Work closely with the Sales Director to meet commercial objectives by providing appropriate tools, materials and presentations
• Guide the day-to-day activities of the marketing team
• Ensure marketing objectives are implemented by the marketing team
• Create, manage, and monitor SEO / SEM directives.
• Manage analytics for SEO / SEM programs.
• Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
• Oversee the email marketing program and provide analytics review
• Execute on the A/B testing strategy for email templates to optimize campaign performance.
• Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
• Supervise a marketing team, including hiring, training, workloads, schedules, and deadlines
• Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience & Requirements
• Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
• Confident, driven and dynamic leader with ability to inspire our internal team
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
• Self-motivated and a successful time manager
• Knowledge of outdoor industry generally and bicycle industry specifically
• A great work-life balance in the cycling paradise of Colorado
• Health and dental coverage after 90 days
• AFLAC supplemental insurance after 45 days
• Vacation pay after one year
• 401(k) investment plan with an employer match of up to 4% after one year
• Company provided demo bike annually
• Employee purchase plan at industry discount
• Health Savings Account
Email cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org