Dawson School is seeking an Assistant Cyclocross Coach for the fall 2018 season. Dawson is a K-12 independent school of 530 students located east of Boulder on a beautiful 112-acre campus on Hwy 287 just south of Lookout Road. We are committed to excellence of mind, body, and character and to the support of students’ efforts to reach their individual potential, meet the challenges of the world, and savor life. The Cyclocross team is made up of approximately 25 riders, of varying skill levels, in grades 5 – 12. Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., with off-campus practice on Wednesday or Thursday. The season consists of 5 – 7 races on Saturdays or Sundays in or around the Boulder/Denver area. The race day time commitment is approximately three hours. Season is August 28 – Nov. 1. Pay is $1,750 for the season.
• Ability to work independently with a group of riders is critical.
• Must work collaboratively with the Head Coach- Melissa Barker.
• Must be skilled Cyclocross and/or mountain bike rider, coaching experience a plus.
• Possess basic mechanic skills (tire changing, derailleur and brake (caliper and disk) adjustments.
• Have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic.
• Communicate effectively, collaborate, and work positively as a member of a team.
Interested candidates should go to the Dawson website (www.dawsonschool.org), scroll to the bottom of the page, click on the Employment link, click the link under Current Job Opportunities at Dawson, and select the CX Coach posting to apply for this position. Only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.