Boulder Junior Cycling seeks Mountain Biking Coaches
Do you love mountain biking? Do you like to work with kids? BJC is seeking Assistant Mountain Bike Coaches for immediate openings.
BJC is a year-round cycling program in Boulder, Colorado whose mission is to develop, coach and inspire junior cycling athletes. BJC was founded in 2006 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. BJC provides programs for all abilities in Road, MTB, and Cyclocross for ages 8-18.
Position: Assistant Coach
Core Functions of the Role: Serve as an Assistant Coach for the MTB Devo program. This includes coaching 2 practices per week, teaching MTB skills, and mentoring kids. This is a part time position. Typical workload is 4-6 hrs per week from April thru July.
Practices are usually Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15-6:15 p.m. during the school year and at 9:00 a.m. during the summer. We ride at locations throughout Boulder County.
Assistant Coach Responsibilities
– Attend practices and races according to schedule
– Teach fundamental and advanced mountain biking skills – Provide mentorship and teach life lessons
– Work collaboratively with the Lead Coach & other coaches
– Communicate effectively and work positively as a member of a team
– Know and follow BJC policies for safety
Assistant Coach Qualifications
– Must be a skilled mountain bike rider
– Must have competent bike mechanic skills
– Have a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
– Mountain bike instruction certification or training a plus
– First Aid, Concussion, Safe Sport certifications required (BJC will cover costs)
To apply, email Executive Director Pete Webber at: