Stages offers you the opportunity to work within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people, with office perks such as lunch time bike rides, friendly dogs, and more!! Our company is growing!! We are looking for great people to join our team who are committed to living out our core values – Agile, Listen, Passion, Creative, Intelligence – in an innovative environment.
Apply through our Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.
The product manager is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining cycling product lines. This position works closely with members of the Product Development team, marketing department, sales, sales support and operations to ensure new products are developed and go to market and are implemented into company operations in a timely and efficient way. The product manager is also responsible for adhering to and promoting the company values by performing duties in a manner that is consistent with being a team leader and supports the continued growth of the company.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Develop road maps for new and inline products
- -Develop business plans for new opportunities
- · Create product specifications and timelines
- · Work closely with development team to ensure that products/projects stay on task and on time
- · Develop and manage timelines for products
- · Help identify potential sourcing partners and work directly with the our manufacturing partners
- · Manage products in development internally and externally with our partners
- · Direct and perform all aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions, including development procedures, specifying components, packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and sell sheet copy, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers
- · Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally
- · Represent the sales & marketing department in group meetings
- · Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs
- · Produce, maintain and update annual forecast
- · Develop and maintain product database with product specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs
- · Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
- · Other relevant projects, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned
- · Problem Solving/Analysis
- · Technical Capacity
- · Communication Proficiency
- · Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- · Time Management
- · Presentation Skills
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- This is a full-time position exempt from overtime pay.
- 5 years of product development experience.
- High level of organizational skills.
- High level of flexibility and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage duties and tasks.
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, including high-volume telephone and written correspondence.
- Experience with sourcing and manufacturing with international suppliers
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of Foundation Fitness/Stages Cycling.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Offers of employment are contingent upon the results of background checks. See below for additional details. Preferred Education and Experience
- 5 years of product development experience in cycling or fitness consumer goods.
· This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel Travel both domestic and international will be required time to time.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional searches. Searches related to criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
This position is a full-time, in-office attendance position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
Covid-19 Note: Primarily working remote with transition to in-office in the future.
How to Apply
Apply through the Stages Cycling Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.