Stages Cycling – Production Temp
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for working within the Production Team to assemble products of Stages Cycling. The Product Technician position is an entry-level position. Responsible for learning one or more steps in the assembly process as assigned.
TASKS AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Identify product models and select appropriate tools and materials accordingly.
• Apply decals.
• Apply locating masks.
• Apply fine pitch components.
• Perform fine pitch soldering.*
• Apply materials to crank arm using epoxies and adhesives.
• Use electric and pneumatic hand tools to assemble power meter.
• Perform detailed evaluation of electronic devices.
• Use test applications to evaluate product functionality and quality.
• Use automation equipment to apply adhesives.
• Clean and apply product and compliance labels.
• Configure fixtures to test different models.
• Clean and package product.
• Build product subassemblies or final assemblies.
• Prepare and assemble materials.
• Operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
• Build packaging for finished products.*
• Calibrate or adjust equipment according to product model to ensure quality production.
• Start up and shut down processing equipment.
• Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
• Consistently on task. Complete assigned tasks and proactively finds new tasks to contribute to the efficient completion of department goals. Stays busy with productive work.
• Clean production equipment or work areas.
• Use computers to perform activities such as looking up work order information, entering Serial Number information, time cards, etc.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned.
*Designates non-essential job responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Lifting of up to 50 pounds
• Able to use electronic measurement tools with training.
• Ability to use computer for basic functionalities on programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and NetSuite with training.
• Ability to learn and execute production processes, quality control, knowledge of raw materials, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate with other employees.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to utilize equipment specific to assigned station.
• The primary language used for communication is English. We are able to accommodate Spanish speakers and able to work with qualified candidates who are learning English.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Works proactively to accomplish tasks and projects to meet department goals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to sit or stand for the duration of the day.
• This position is primarily a production position.
• Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
• Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
• Control Precision — The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
• Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Experience in manufacturing environment. Experience with order processing systems. Experience with Excel and Outlook.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a manufacturing and production environment. This role routinely uses manufacturing and office equipment.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Temp Position with potential for full-time (not guaranteed). Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Some travel will be required for this role.
Temp position offered is contingent upon the results of background checks. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional checks. Evaluations of criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
This position is a full-time temporary, in-office attendance position.
If temp position becomes full-time permanent position, Stages Cycling does offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account, Paid vacation and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume to email@example.com
Subject Line: Production Temp
Please describe in a brief paragraph why you are interested in this role.