Stages offers you the opportunity to work within the bike industry in an environment of like-minded people, with office perks such as lunch time bike rides, friendly dogs, and more!! Our company is growing!! We are looking for great people to join our team who are committed to living out our core values – Agile, Listen, Passion, Creative, Intelligence – in an innovative environment.
Apply through our Career Portal at www.stagescycling.com/careers.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The shipping and receiving agent performs shipping and receiving functions materials used in the manufacturing of Stages products. The duties include but are not limited to:
• Verifying receipts against Purchase Orders
• Organizing, counting and labeling received goods in preparation for stocking
• Identifying receiving discrepancies or damaged goods and notifying the Shipping Manager
• Receiving inbound material in NetSuite
• Working with Warehouse Manager to assist in stocking
• Delivering incoming parts to intended recipient
• Picking and fulfilling Sales Orders in NetSuite
• Printing Pick Lists and Shipping Labels
• Scanning Serial Numbers
• Preparing and Processing International Orders, RMA’s, Vendor RMA’s and miscellaneous shipments
• Processing orders using NetSuite, UPS, WorldShip, Amazon Seller Central and USPS
• Management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services.
• Preparation of pallets for shipping
• Use Microsoft Office program, NetSuite, UPS World Ship and other computer-based programs
• Assist in performing physical counts of raw and finished goods material and understanding inventory integrity.
• Communicate with Domestic Inside Sales and Customer Service Representatives
• Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the shipping station and inventory areas
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Performs Semi-annual inventories.
• Works closely with Finished Goods department to ensure that all international sales and warranty orders are properly prepared and ready for shipping.
• Use of pallet jacks, ladders required
• Be professional and respectful
• Maintain a calm and consistent demeanor
• Use good judgement and integrity
• Attention to detail
• Sense of urgency
• Pride in work
• Flexibility in schedule – area hours need to be covered
• Use discretion and be trustworthy
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Technical capacity. Communication proficiency. Organizational skills. Time management.
Experience in manufacturing environment. Experience with order processing systems. Experience with Excel and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Ability to sit or stand for the duration of the day.
• Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
• Written and Oral Comprehension — The ability to understand written and verbal communication.
• Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
• Selective Attention — The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
• Arm-Hand Steadiness — The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Finger Dexterity — The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a warehouse setting. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment in addition to standard office equipment.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position will start as a full-time temp position with review and opportunity for direct hire after 3 months.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require overtime.
Travel is not required for this role.
Offers of employment will be contingent upon the results of background checks. Background checks will be completed only after a contingent offer of employment has been accepted. Background checks include social security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional reference verification, criminal history check, and potentially additional checks. Evaluations of criminal history will take into consideration the nature of the crime and its relation to the position, the time since the conviction, the number of convictions, and relevant risk to the business and related parties.
After full-time employment, we offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account/ Health Savings Account, Paid Time Off and holidays, free access to our fitness center, and product discounts.
We encourage all interested applicants to apply and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are committed to evaluating candidates based on job qualifications. We will make reasonable accommodations as requested.