This Position Has Been Filled
CatEye’s Social Media Coordinator will serve as the brand’s voice through all current and future social media channels. Through your posts, you’ll develop brand awareness, foster sales relationships, provide support and increase activation with our ever-growing audience.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Management and maintenance of CatEye’s current social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We’ve got a solid foundation, but we need a candidate that will maintain, improve and expand our digital reach on a full-time basis.
• Develop, execute and maintain a weekly social media content calendar for all existing and new social media channels. This includes daily content generation, consumer activation, email marketing, content marketing, analytics monitoring and SEO optimization. Your schedule will need to maximize and tie directly into the yearly marketing campaign.
• Develop a sense of community surrounding the CatEye brand that engages the audience and supports them as needed. You’ll need to encourage, foster and grow peer-to-peer content and activation.
• Stay current with new, developing social media platforms and determine their effectiveness. You’ll also be required to manage content and marketing discovery platforms like Taboolah, Outbrain, etc.
• Work with industry partners, dealers, sponsored athletes and other media to develop or utilize relevant content that helps drive sales and creates awareness for the brand.
• Serve as a resource for our dealers as well as the end-user. Produce relevant content that not only engages the consumer but also supports the dealer.
• Oversee social media contests, partner contests or other means to aid in email acquisition.
• Work occasional dealer events, open houses and customer events as needed.
Job Requirements/Required Qualifications/Core Skills:
• 1 to 3 years of professional experience serving with a company in the same capacity. Being well versed in current and developing social media platforms, on-line communities, content marketing and mobile applications is a must.
• Strong written and verbal skills paired with an eye for design. Skills with photo editing and design software are a big plus. We need someone that can create content that engages, inspires and endears the reader.
• Be an active outdoor enthusiast. Bonus points for being an active cyclist w/ a zest for riding and a knack for telling a story that relates this passion.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or a directly related field.
• Be entrepreneurial. Share your successes – let’s see your work. Be prepared to provide constructive feedback and recommendations on what we’re doing right and where improvement is needed.
• Helpful traits and attributes for success – creative, resilient, confident, composed, collaborative, friendly, driven, inquisitive, organized and attentive to details.
• Must live in or reside near the Boulder, Colorado area, or have the desire to relocate. Since you’ll be an integral part of the CatEye team, you’ll need to be based out of our Boulder offices.
• You also need the ability to be driven, work independently but be willing to collaborate, meet deadlines and be passionate about the brand, our products and what you do!
Interested parties should submit their resume, a brief cover letter stating why you’re the best fit for the job: firstname.lastname@example.org
CatEye is the leading manufacturer of cycle computers, lights and reflectors to cyclists in the world. Founded in 1954 in Osaka, Japan, CatEye has always been a leader in innovation and technology.
In 1964, CatEye created the first flashing lamp for bicycles. CatEye went on to create the very first bicycle headlamp using white LEDs in 2001. The company is truly a world leader in lens and reflector technology.
CatEye’s first cycle computer was released in 1981. Now we offer a full range of computers to meet the demands of cyclists around the globe. Always at the cutting edge of technology, we were among the first companies to integrate altimeter, heart rate, and cadence technology into cycle computers.
From it’s head office in Osaka, Japan, CatEye manages two factories in Japan and one in China, and is an ISO approved manufacturer.