Tin Shed Sports is a locally owned, full-service bike and ski shop. We’re a team of mountain bikers and skiers passionate about helping people get outside and enjoy our beautiful backyard.
Located in the small town of Nederland, Colorado (25 minutes up the hill from Boulder), we have great trails and skiing right out the shop door.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified, detail-oriented bicycle service technician who also possesses exceptional sales skills. Five years of bicycle mechanic experience, and a thorough understanding of current bike systems a must. Ski tuning experience is a bonus.
The Service Technician position is a fun and challenging position that allows you to share your love of bikes and skis with customers and co-workers in a small community shop environment. All team members are expected to contribute to the overall success of the business.
Would you like to join our team? If so, keep reading.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist customers in a professional and courteous manner
• Responsible for accurate service writing and advising the customer on the work required on their bike or skis
• Responsible bike, parts & accessory sales as well as rental/demo set-up
• Advise and assists customers with their product selection
• Communicate with the team when stock is low on critical shop items, including shop supplies, tools, etc.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of all merchandise in the shop to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keep current as new product lines are introduced.
• Keep the shop and your workspace neat, organized and clean as reflection of the work you do
• 5-years of current bicycle technician experience a must; no exceptions
• 2-3 years of retail sales experience
• Self starter – ability to prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to provide high-level service under pressure
• Must have a very high level of experience with Shimano & SRAM mountain bike components, Fox & RockShox suspension, the ability to rebuild a Reverb in your sleep. Knowledge of current Shimano Di2, SRAM etap/AXS a plus
• Certifications from SBCU, STU, etc. also helpful
For all interested applicants, please email your resume and a brief description of why you think you would be the perfect fit for the position, to email@example.com