Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. With distribution centers in Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Colorado, and Taiwan, QBP serves a network of more than 5,000 independent retailers and 450+ suppliers world-wide. We strive to be an extraordinary business to partner with and to work for, and have made good on that goal for over 35 years. As a values-driven company, making the world a better place has always been at the heart of everything QBP does. We believe that our actions as individuals and as a company can make a difference, so we work every day to improve the sustainability and health of our industry and our communities.
We understand that it is our employees that make us successful and we do our best to make QBP a fun and rewarding workplace. Our community is passionate about the pursuit of excellence, sparking innovation in the industry, living healthy lifestyles, and having fun. We have a casual environment that welcomes employees from all backgrounds and allows individuals to be themselves.
QBP provides a lot of fun perks for our employees, including bike and outdoor product discounts, commuting incentives, fitness and wellness programs, an employee of the month program, and complimentary snacks and drinks to refuel on busy days. And, because we believe a great idea can come from anywhere, all employees have a voice in making company and process improvement suggestions.
What you will do:
QBP is one of the world’s leading distributors of bicycles, components, and accessories. We sell the best cycling and outdoor products to independent specialty retailers across the U.S. and throughout the world, including many of our own brands such as Surly, Salsa, and 45NRTH. We employ passionate, talented people who consistently deliver great results no matter what they do. QBP cultivates an environment of excellence, emphasizing personal development as a vital factor in our continued success.
- Order fulfillment/picking
- Packing of product to QBP Standards
- Assure that every order ships same day
- DC Maintenance and 6S of Outbound area and Pack stations
- Use of RF equipment
- May include truck loading, replenishments, and labeling
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned (special projects)
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to learn to accurately pick and pack orders
- Work effectively under pressure, respond positively to change, attention to detail, attendance, etc.
- Willingness to take initiative and work effectively without close supervision, maintain accuracy and quantity of work under pressure of deadlines and changing priorities, adaptable and flexible with change, etc.
- Must be open to a flexible schedule: long days at the beginning of the week and shorter days towards the end. Some late nights will be required.
- Be respectful and considerate to fellow employees
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability to learn and use software and hardware used in the shipping department
Other related criteria:
- Positive attitude
- Reports to a DC Supervisor
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. repetitively and team lift up to 70 lbs., stand and walk up to 10+ hours per shift
- Required to train Mon-Fri for 1 week. Training is paid.
Modeling QBP Core Values:
- Act with integrity
- Be a true partner
- Create something special
- Deliver greatness
- Keep the customer first
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, a drug screen, and a physical test.