We are seeking an experienced commissioned sales professional with a proven track record in a similar industry that requires growing event entry sales, promoting exemplary customer relations and building ongoing relationships. Our ideal candidate is situated near our North America office in Colorado Springs, CO. The candidate must be passionate about health and fitness, driven for success, be involved in community, and understands the cycling industry. He or she is team-oriented, maintains existing relationships with cycling clubs, teams, shops, tour operators and coaching companies nationwide, and is a natural at building rapport quickly.
The successful candidate will develop and execute a clear North American Sales Strategy in line with the Global sales objectives. The initiatives put in place will be designed to both drive entry registration sales and commercial partnerships while building brand equity. This will be achieved by building 360 ° trade account profiles and creating programs and initiatives that can be rolled out across North America to ensure strong registration levels of all Haute Route events and the optimisation of commercial partnerships.
This is a hands-on sales role that requires excellent time management skills and focuses on the ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-paced environment. The position requires both inside and outside sales expertise. The Sales Manager will actively participate in projects across multiple departments and requires a “can-do” mentality.
The Haute Route Sales Manager will report directly to the Executive Chairman.
- Drive revenue by creating a sales funnel while building relationships with the cycling clubs/teams/shops, coaching companies and tour operators giving added value and acting as an Haute Route expert.
- Develop sales strategies tailored to the various customers of Haute Route (bike shops, teams, clubs, tour operators, coaching companies) as well as commercial partners.
- Build a database of potential customers.
- Prospect new sales.
- Develop and manage relationships with new and existing customers.
- Achieve event entry sales quotas across multiple events.
- Provide weekly event entry sales reports to management team.
- Provide accurate and timely event entry sales forecasts to management.
- Develop strategies to leverage the networks of Haute Route partners/sponsors
- Enter all leads generated by Haute Route ambassadors, bike expo activities, management and social media efforts into the CRM system and convert them into sales prospects.
- Schedule, promote, organize and host sales events towards all the « on-the-ground marketing » levers.
- Generate brand awareness with key influencer groups and the wider cycling community through own lead ublicity and sales presentations.
- Partner with shops, teams, clubs and tour operator sales staff and other influencers serving as the Haute Route spokesperson to generate event entry sales and build relationships.
- Collaborate with Haute Route USA team on marketing programs
- Elevate Haute Route events global offer and brand promotion at events, expos, races, shows and club meetings including coordination of promotional material and stall set up / take down.
- Remaining continuously up to date with the data related to the Haute Route offer information.
- Be an ambassador for Haute Route Brand
- Participate in the development of customer action plans. Provide reports of field activities to the company including competitor activity and industry “best practices”.
– Demonstrated success in sales: A killer sales instinct and an eye for opportunity.
– Minimum of one year COMMISSION BASED GOAL ORIENTED sales experience including business to business sales and cold calling.
– Confident public speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to conduct needs analysis for specific marketing levers and provide effective presentation and closing skills to directly generate business.
– Self-motivated to succeed while maintaining professionalism and ethics of the highest degree.
– Set up for CRM System and collaborate with teams to create an organized and efficient process of communicating leads and managing workflow.
– Assist the Ambassador, Event Management and Marketing teams as required at events.
– Provide support where required by the business on brand and product education.
– Provide weekly event entry sales reports to management team.
– Create sales presentations using Microsoft Office Software; PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
– Demonstrates well-developed organizational, time management skills and a strong work ethic.
– Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate as a part of a team.
– Professional attitude.
– Must be able to represent Haute Route’s core values and company culture.
– Existing relationships with bike clubs, teams, shops, tour operators and coaching companies nationwide a must.
– Knows how to balance confidence and humility.
Qualifications and Experience Required– Minimum of one year COMMISSION BASED GOAL ORIENTED sales experience including business to business sales and cold calling.
– Deep understanding of the cycling industry. Extensive personal experience as a cyclist preferred, but not required.
– English native (ability to speak French will be highly appreciated)
Character and Personal Qualities– Self-Starting and conscientious
– Happy to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
– Flexible and adaptable to change
– Drive and commitment to the role and the organization
– Able to demonstrate a knowledge and passion for the brand
– Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good for all; can represent his / her own interests and – yet be fair to others in the group; can solve problems with peers with minimum noise; is seen as a team player; – encourages collaboration
– Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
– Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging
– Competitive cycling experience a plus.
Travel Required50% travel required (Mainly domestic, some International).
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org