The Pro’s Closet Inc. (TPC) is the world’s largest and most trusted brand for pre-owned bikes. We purchase new and pre-owned bikes and accessories from manufacturers, retailers, and individuals. Each bike undergoes a rigorous Certified Pre-Owned inspection and top-to-bottom service to ensure every bike is delivered in next-to-new condition. Our innovative Buyback Guarantee gives customers full transparency by offering guaranteed trade-in values for 18 months after purchase. With hundreds of bikes to choose from, we offer the world’s largest and most diverse selection of high-quality road, mountain, gravel, cyclocross, triathlon, and e-bikes, as well as a full line of parts, accessories and apparel. We are experiencing phenomenal growth, and on the lookout for highly talented, like-minded people who want to take part in our mission: to change the way people buy and sell bikes.
WHAT SETS TPC APART:
We are committed to building a great company and we believe this starts with great people and a great company culture. Each individual has a key role to play in TPC’s success, but we all work as one team dedicated to constant improvement and efficiency. We welcome making mistakes and learning from them.
Our structure allows you to take responsibility and shape the company for the better and be recognized for it. From top to bottom, we adhere to core beliefs in transparency and openness. We love to work hard, but always leave time to ride bikes.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Line Technician, you have the opportunity to work on the highest quality of bikes across all years, makes and models. At TPC, you enjoy the workload of a bike shop with the pace of a startup that fosters a unique culture of empowerment. You are part of a proactive team environment that involves a “continuous improvement” approach in everything we do and plays a part in the disruption of the bike industry.
The position calls for a high level of attention to detail and consistency. Staying organized in a busy work environment, working individually and as part of a team, some heavy lifting of 50 lbs or more, and some inventory management and light data entry will be expected.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Inspecting, disassembling/building, and servicing vintage and modern bicycles and components.
- Complete standardized tasks within a bicycle processing line including truing wheels, tubeless tire installation, dérailleur tuning/adjustment, brake adjustment and final quality control check.
- Demonstrating proficiency with our computer systems and software.
- Advanced technical skills of component replacement, brake bleeds, bearing installation, suspension overhauls, truing wheels, tubeless tire installation, dérailleur tuning/adjustment, and final quality control check.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of standardized workstations.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of bike frames, wheels, and components across different years, makes and models
- 1 – 3 yrs. previous bicycle mechanic experience is required
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team in a shop/warehouse and office atmosphere
- A passion for success, a positive and friendly attitude, and a consistent work ethic are all a must
- Enthusiastic about the outdoor/cycling industry, the people it attracts, and all the gear!
- TPC requires employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 for in person work and company events as required by your role, unless you qualify for an exemption allowable under the law
THE PERKS OF WORKING AT TPC:
- Salary Range: $18-21/hr. depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 paid holidays, and a paid day off on your birthday
- 100% medical, dental, vision benefits, which significant dependent contribution
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with generous company matching
- Stock options: we’re all owners!
- A fun, relaxed, and flexible work environment
- Weekly all-hands company meeting keeps you engaged and connected to the business and your team members
- A culture of transparency with regular updates on company performance
- Group rides and amazing industry discounts
To Apply go here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Apply/724002