Welcome to Planet Cyclery of Broomfield!
This is a company of likeminded cycling enthusiasts wanting to make an impact on the industry. As a growing bicycle retailer, we’re looking for a capable individual wanting to develop their skills and knowledge of the industry by assuming the role of bike mechanic/sales associate at our newest retail location. This person will go the extra mile to ensure that our customers are treated with respect as they invest in a lifestyle that we are all passionate about. Retail isn’t just about selling! Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, proactive, trustworthy, reliable, knowledgeable and most importantly, wanting to make a difference in peoples’ lives. At Planet Cyclery we want to help maximize your potential and never settle upon mediocrity. If you love riding road, gravel, mountain and everything in between, now is the time to become part of an innovative force in the world of cycling.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assisting management with daily operations that include: resupplying the sales floor, preparing the bike service area for daily workload, maintaining the store cleanliness and merchandising standard and delivering extraordinary customer service.
• Abiding by all company policies, implementing and maintaining high retail standards as set forth by the store manager.
• Consistently delivering exemplary bike service work. This entails checking in, discussing, and recommending service work based upon the needs of the patron as well as the condition of the bike.
• Assists patrons with the bike fitting and bike sales, also aids them with selecting appropriate components, apparel and other needs.
• Inspecting and tuning road and mountain bikes to a high standard
• Cleaning frames, wheels and small components to company standards
• Contacting customers when extra parts or components are needed to complete a work ticket. Safety checking the bike when the service task is complete.
• Follows operating procedures in conjunction with safety compliance
• Maintain professional standards while generating sales and delivering a quality customer experience.
• Maintains a clean and orderly service area
• A solid work ethic and positive attitude that allows the individual to be productive in a shop environment as well as unsupervised tasks
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal
• A passion for the outdoors
• The only way we’ll advance our knowledge and experience is to get out and use it ourselves. Make sure you’re getting out there to ride!
• HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Familiar with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel
• 1-3 years of experience building and tuning bikes. Candidate will conduct a supervised task that demonstrates ability as well as tool knowledge.
• 1-3 years of experience with retail POS systems and cash handling
• 1-3 years of retail within the bike industry preferred
Salary: $12.00-$16.00 per hour BOE
• Employee purchase program
• Fitness reimbursement plan
• 401k Saving Plan
• Health insurance
How to apply:
Send an email with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach cover letter and resume
No walk-ins please
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour