PeopleForBikes (PFB) works to unite millions of Americans, thousands of businesses and hundreds of communities to make every bike ride safer, more accessible, and more fun. Our mission is to put more people on bikes more often and make every bike ride better for everyone. Nationwide, PeopleForBikes represents 280 supplier members, more than 1,100 Ride Spot retailer members, and 1.3 million individual supporters. The U.S. bicycle industry contributes $88 billion annually to the U.S. economy and supports more than 780,000 jobs. The PeopleForBikes Coalition is the U.S. bicycle industry’s trade association, and PeopleForBikes also has an affiliated foundation supporting and promoting bicycling’s benefits and backing crucial bike infrastructure projects and programs.
PeopleForBikes Foundation is hiring an Enterprise Partnerships Manager to join its Marketing + Communications team. Working alongside the Ride Spot leadership team, this individual will collaborate cross-functionally with other senior-level stakeholders to advance the Ride Spot program objectives and develop strategic partnerships. They will be responsible for the Ride Spot Enterprise program’s overall well-being and determine the needs to meet the program’s intentions, as well as provide and execute the strategy to onboard and grow adoption with Fortune 500 enterprises and critical bike industry suppliers.
This individual will connect with our team on the ground in Northwest Arkansas to solve problems in smaller settings and manage the program and its operations at scale. They need to be critical thinkers who can analyze scenarios and make decisions focused on meeting broader ambitions and outcomes rather than those of a single department.
We are looking for a balanced mix of hard and soft skills and a solid knowledge of the bike industry. In collaboration with the VP of Marketing + Communications, they also need to direct people effectively using good listening, motivation, and communication skills.
- Be an expert Enterprise program technical resource for the internal Ride Spot Team.
- Identify and close leads using multiple tactics, including in-person and the use of social media.
- Manage small, medium, and large accounts as the single point of contact.
- Regularly organize, coordinate and deliver presentations to C-suite executives.
- Plan and execute field campaigns.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records in Salesforce.
- Maintain an accurate Enterprise user forecast and update teams monthly and quarterly on progress.
- Manage service contracts and their expiration date to increase renewals.
- Collaborate closely with our Northwest Arkansas Bike Business Innovation Team to benchmark, grow and support our first three Fortune 500 customers on the Enterprise platform.
- Work with the PeopleForBikes Membership Development Team to help them with their business development/membership goals on Ride Spot.
- Improve operational systems, processes, and best practices.
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives.
- Perform quality controls and monitor KPIs.
- Ensure we are delivering quality of service across our target audiences.
- Commitment to developing a strong understanding of the Ride Spot program.
- Achieve/exceed Enterprise targets for U.S. corporations.
- Provide technical training to Enterprise customers.
- Coordinate with the PeopleForBikes legal team to review legal contracts.
- Provide support to internal PeopleForBikes teams when needed.
- Participate in events, trade shows, and other marketing activities.
- Demonstrate and promote PeopleForBikes’ vision.
- Completes expense reports as per policy.
- Shows an understanding of the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion and understands how to incorporates all three.
- Excellent digital work skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and other web-based applications.
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Business development, organization, negotiation, and organizational skills, ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of and the ability to master sales tools such as CRM programs (Salesforce).
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also capable of working independently.
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and reach a consensus.
- Demonstrates key leadership skills.
- College degree, all majors considered, or equivalent experience.
- Drive and motivation to execute a strategy that speaks to diverse audiences.
- A commitment to safe, healthy, reliable, and affordable access to bicycling for all members of a community.
- PeopleForBikes will consider alternative ways that an applicant may have gained the required qualifications outside of traditional pathways.
Compensation and Benefits
This “at-will” position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience of $65-$70K. PeopleForBikes provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package, including paid health insurance for employees, a generous paid time off (PTO) policy including 25 days plus federal holidays, paid parental leave, flexible work schedule including work from home options, and optional participation in a deferred compensation retirement plan, with immediate vesting of the competitive employer match. We also provide long-term disability insurance, a regional public transportation pass, and a cell phone plan, among other benefits.
At PeopleForBikes, our agreed-upon set of team norms is what drives us to do our best every day we show up to work. We continually strive to build and strengthen our team, we work together effectively to serve our mission and we have fun. Beyond that, we’re casual, we work flexibly with some remote work allowed and we love dogs. You don’t have to be an amazing bike rider to work here — what matters to us is a desire to work alongside people passionate about improving the world through bikes.
Interested applicants should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put “Director of Enterprise Partnerships” in the subject line:
Resume and cover letter in a single .pdf document. Cover letters should be no longer than one page and briefly explain the applicable experience, including experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Due to volume, we will not respond to telephone or in-person inquiries.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit PeopleForBikes.org for general information and organizational background.
Our work to create safer, more comfortable, and more accessible places for everyone to bike starts with us. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We want our staff to be reflective of the backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of the communities we serve and to create an inclusive work environment where employees and the communities we serve feel welcomed, valued, respected, and received. We believe that no matter who you are, where you’re from, or why you ride, everyone can find joy on a bicycle.