Position is No Longer Available
CatEye America is seeking to fill the National Sales and Key Account Manager position within our company. The National Sales Manager will develop and manage CatEye’s sales channel, while collaborating on our marketing programs to drive revenue across our varied customer base and provide market/product feedback to our home office in Osaka, Japan.
This position plays a key role in the overall scope of our company’s success. It is a sales-related role, but the position has numerous touchpoints to many other divisions within our organization. Therefore, we need a candidate that can assume the role, take charge and make an immediate impact with the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet or exceed the sales objectives and quotas on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as set forth by the Global Sales Manager as a team and for your direct account base.
• Direct management of our Territory Account Managers and indirect management of our Distributor’s Outside Sales force.
• Educate and train the sales force and our customers on what makes the CatEye brand unique
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all current customers and grow the customer base within and outside of our already established channels.
• Represent CatEye at trade shows and events as assigned – some weekend and evening travel will be required.
• Conduct field visits/joint sales calls with Distributor sales representatives in order to train, educate and evaluate their, and our brand’s, performance. Gain an in-depth understanding of competitive product lines in order to sell products that will meet the customers’ expectations or fill niches within their current product line.
• Monitor and inform management of competitive strategies, tactics and threats.
• Build-out, maintain and revise product pricing, programs and other related sales duties as necessary (as necessary). Assist with monitoring MAP and establishment of margin structures
• Prospect for new clients and markets by making phone contacts, scheduling appointments and making presentations to decision-makers.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to management on a variety of topics related to market feedback, sales targets, sales performance, product performance, sales growth, sales management and sales representative performance.
• Assist in developing the annual Marketing budget and sales forecast – Set sales goals for all customers and ensure they are meeting goal. Develop customer score card system to provide management a performance snap-shot. Run regular reports to monitor customer performance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements, Skills, Experience and Traits for success:
• 3~5 years of successful Sales Management experience, either as a Regional Sales Manager or National Sales Manager. Proven ability to drive the sales conversation from plan through pitch to close – be prepared to share your successes / wins!
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent. A master’s degree is a definite plus.
• Bike Industry experience preferred. Related fields in the Outdoor Industry or another related field also considered.
• Experience with large-format retailers such as Amazon, REI, Big-Box chains, multiple-location regional chains, etc. Please provide a list of your direct account experience with these customers.
• Excellence in all forms of communication. At times, you will be the voice and the face associated with the brand. Therefore, you’ll need to be comfortable with delivering presentations, participating in interviews, speaking with media and interfacing with customers at all levels. In short, you need to be an effective communicator that can present, educate and influence at all levels inside and outside the organization.
• Proficiency with the regular suite of office programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. To note, we are an Apple-based office. NetSuite experience extremely helpful and strongly desired.
• Solid strategic planning and execution skills / Excellence in mentoring, coaching and people management skills. Self-directed and highly motivated – this is a crucial role to our organization; therefore, you will be tasked to lead in numerous ways.
• Customer interaction – this includes audiences at all levels – industry through consumer. You will be responsible for providing a high-level of customer service to every audience, realizes their differences, challenges and opportunities within each.
• Proven ability to exercise good judgment and discretion. Strong business acumen and the mindset to spend or invest the company’s money as if it were your own.
• The ability to travel and work outside of normal hours. This position requires 25~30% travel and will task you to make your own arrangements and deal with changing schedules on-the-fly. Also, there will be times that additional hours outside of a normal 8~5 schedule will be necessary and will stretch outside of a normal 40-hour work week.
• Helpful traits and attributes for success – creative, collaborative, forward thinking, organized, gregarious, flexible and composed. This will be a challenging position that will throw you many curve balls. You’ll need to be prepared and adaptable to take things in stride. That said, this is a rewarding role that allows you to work with a great team, in a fun industry, promoting great products.
• Candidate must live in, near or be willing to relocate to the Boulder, CO area. This position is based in our Boulder offices. Salary and benefits on experience.
If you feel like you’re the best fit, send us your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com stating why!
About us: CatEye is the leading manufacturer of cycle computers, lights and reflectors to cyclists in the world. Founded in 1954 in Osaka, Japan, CatEye has always been a leader in innovation and technology. In 1964, CatEye created the first flashing lamp for bicycles. CatEye went on to create the very first bicycle headlamp using white LEDs in 2001. The company is truly a world leader in lens and reflector technology. CatEye’s first cycle computer was released in 1981. Now we offer a full range of computers to meet the demands of cyclists around the globe. Always at the cutting edge of technology, we were among the first companies to integrate altimeter, heart rate, and cadence technology into cycle computers. From its head office in Osaka, Japan, CatEye manages two ISO approved factories in Japan and one in China.