The Organization: Bicycle Colorado is the statewide nonprofit organization dedicated to building a bicycle-friendly Colorado. We are recognized as one of the leading bicycling and walking advocacy groups in the nation. We are celebrating our 25th anniversary in 2017, and we aim to expand our membership program through direct outreach.
The Program: Bicycle Colorado’s membership program works to increase the number of Coloradans who will join our collective voice. This new position will lead our efforts to be more visible in more places, reach more Coloradans and make a bigger impact. This is an opportunity to work in a rewarding field and utilize a passion for sales, fundraising, people-to-people connections, outreach and volunteer management to improve living and riding in Colorado.
The Membership Outreach Coordinator will work to select 2-3 locations per week for maximum visibility and contacts; recruit volunteers to support them at each shift; set up tent/table/booth on site; bring any necessary tools (provided by Bicycle Colorado); purchase and display refreshments; be creative about how to invite people to the booth; and mainly, to increase memberships.
– Lead membership sales and fundraising to reach program goals
– Coordinate, train, schedule and manage volunteers
– Lead community outreach to teach community members about what we do and why it’s important
– Creating a fun, inviting space each time you are in the community; use creativity in ways to attract people to your station
– Willingness to travel in Colorado and work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings and most weekends
– Coordinate regularly with Bicycle Colorado’s membership manager and communicate questions and concerns
– Track sales results on a weekly basis
– Track expenses and timesheets on a weekly basis
– Other duties as required
Skills and background sought:
– Experience and comfort with fundraising
– Strong project or program coordination experience
– Must be energetic, outgoing, enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and improving bicycling in Colorado
– Sales experience a plus
– Experience working with and managing volunteers
– Strong communication skills with volunteers, managers and co-workers
– Effective time management and scheduling skills
– Must have valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable transportation
– Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
– Solid tracking, reporting and spreadsheet skills
– Responsibility with handling cash and checks
– Familiarity with Square cardreader sales a plus
Schedule: Membership program outreach and sales will be conducted from May to September 2017 pending program success with reaching monthly membership goals. This seasonal part-time position typically works between 12 to 18 hours per week, including both time in the field and also coordinating and preparing for weekly outreach. Most of the hours will be during the morning and afternoon bike commute times and on weekends.
Compensation: We offer an hourly rate of $13. Mileage will be reimbursed, with expense tracking required. Bonuses available for exceeding membership sales goals.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Membership Outreach Coordinator” in the email subject line. No calls, please. Posting is valid until position is filled, to be noted on our website.
Finalists for this position will be subject to a background check.
Bicycle Colorado’s policy is to offer equal employment opportunity to all its applicants and employees. Organizational information available at: www.bicyclecolorado.org.