Demystify the bicycle and it’s inner workings to Members and Volunteers alike
A deep understanding of bicycles and parts. Knowledge and understanding between system compatibilities of new & old. Knowledge of bicycle tools and when to use them. Previous teaching and/or bike mechanic experience is desired
– Patience and the ability to articulate bicycle maintenance issues into layman’s terms.
– Working on your feet for up to 7 hours per shift as well as working some weekends and/or evenings.
– Processing new donations.
– Assist in shop setup and teardown.
– Tool inventory and management for the workshop area.
– Assist participants working in the open shop area who are servicing their bicycles.
– Identify for participants which tasks are vital to safety and which can be put off for a later date.
– Teach workshops on a variety of bicycle maintenance subjects (fix a flat, adjusting brakes, building wheels,etc).
– Serve as spokesperson for the organization.
This job is 15-20 hours per week with possibility of more hours made available after a trial period to the right candidate.
Please paste your resume in the body of the email and attach as a pdf.
Reports to Shop Manager and Shop Coordinator
For more information on our organization check out our website at communitycycles.org.