Stages Cycling engineers the premiere power measurement tools used by the world’s most elite cyclists. With Stages Indoor Cycling, the same technology is applied to the in-studio class experience, giving everyone access to the same measured improvement tools the pros rely on.
The Stages SC Series is what happens when passionate riders build indoor bikes. The smooth ride, SprintShift function, quick position adjustments and the accurate data from the Stages Power meter will provide cyclists a great way to train indoors, while inspiring indoor cyclists to push themselves farther than ever before.
Our studios also feature Stages Flight, a web-based data analysis tool, with big screen display, integrated spot-reservation and mobile applications. Its functions include dynamic FTP testing, custom intensity rides, GPS rides, and competition modes. Video integration, and instructor cueing top off the experience for a true power-based indoor cycling solution.
Read more about Stages Indoor Cycling at www.stagesindoorcycling.com.
We have many innovative indoor projects in our future and are looking for a Design Engineer to play a key role in these upcoming projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Design Engineer position plans and designs product applications and assembles project teams. The position is responsible for organizing highly complex activities for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of engineering projects.
• Perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
• Maintain existing product (failure analysis, design improvements, and engineering change orders)
• Design systems and components that meet needs and requirements
• Produce outline designs
• Conduct experiments methodically, analyze data and interpret results
• Test and evaluate theoretical designs
• Test and evaluate fixtures and products
• Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
• Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
• Estimate budget and scope of project
• Solicit observations from operators*
• Travel to manufacturing facilities internationally to observe, quality check, and provide feedback to manufacturer*
• Prepare product reports and documentation
• Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
Other tasks and projects as assigned
*Non Essential responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Proven working experience in mechanical engineering
• Working experience with product lifecycle management, finite element analysis and computational fluid dynamics
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering and computer-aided manufacturing
• Familiarity with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (e.g., SolidWorks)
• Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation, or similar)
• Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
• Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, materials science etc.
• Creativity and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
• Technical writing skills
• Machining and metal fabrication experience
• BSc degree in Engineering
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to speak well in front of large and small groups.
• Excellent math and data calculation skills.
• Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication including electronic mail communication.
• Ability to stand, sit, type, work at a computer, speak on the phone, and travel via plane to meet with customers.
Preferred Skills: EXPERIENCE AS A CYCLIST OR PASSION FOR CYCLING AND/OR FITNESS. EXPERIENCE WITH SOLID WORKS.
Additional Notes: THIS POSITION IS A FULL-TIME, IN-OFFICE ATTENDANCE POSITION. THIS POSITION REQUIRES TRAVEL BOTH LOCALLY, DOMESTICALLY, AND INTERNATIONALLY.