Do you have a cycling related job in Colorado or the Boulder/Denver area that needs to be filled, Let us know all about the Job!. Let the employer know you saw the ad on 303Cycling. Posting your job here is free but help us by providing us with as much details about the jobs as possible like (description, location, requirements, contact, etc.) Also, please consider our Job’s Policy Guidelines
CatEye America is seeking to fill the Marketing Manager position within our company. The position will be responsible for developing, implementing, executing and measuring the strategic marketing plan for the US office. You will serve as the lynchpin on all US-based marketing efforts, but what you develop, and what you coordinate will also play-out on a global scale.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Event management – this includes everything from start to finish. Reserving booth space, booking travel arrangements, organizing logistics, coordinating staff and numerous other tasks will be your responsibility.
• Athlete management – you’ll be negotiating and generating sponsorship contracts, recording rider feedback, promoting their wins and consoling in their losses.
• Management of a small, nimble creative staff to include a social media coordinator and a marketing coordinator. You’ll be part of a small US-based team, so the ability to collaborate and communicate is crucial. You’ll also need to be mindful to keep regular communication with our home office based in Japan.
• Responsible for yearly budgeting, development of a yearly marketing schedule and programs that carry across all four quarters. Staying within budget is crucial and mindful spending is key. Given we are a results driven company, you’ll need to assemble campaigns that support and drive sales, and provide metrics in order to measure results.
• Management of marketing assets. This will include production of a bi-annual catalog, POP development, generation of print/digital ads, marketing deliverables, video production, direct mailers and more. You will also have a say in retail packaging, product development, sales training programs along with other B-to-B touch points.
Job requirements/Required Qualifications/Core Skills:
• 3 to 5 years of professional experience serving with a company in the same capacity. Experience in (or with) the outdoor channel or cycling industry specifically is a bonus.
• A bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations or a directly related field.
• Excellence in all forms of communication. At times, you will be the voice and the face associated with the brand. Therefore, you’ll need to be comfortable with delivering presentations, participating in interviews, speaking with media and interfacing with industry partners.
• Experience in managing all aspects of a professional marketing campaign. Be prepared to showcase your work.
• Proficiency with the regular suite of office programs – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. To note, we are an Apple-based office. Experience with creative/editing programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. will be considered a big plus.
• Helpful traits and attributes for success – creative, collaborative, forward thinking, organized, gregarious, flexible and composed. This is an integral role within the organization and one that carries a lot of responsibility. That said, it is a rewarding one that allows you to work with a great team, in a fun industry, promoting great products.
• Candidate must live in or reside near the Boulder, Colorado area, or have the desire to relocate. Since you’ll be an integral part of the CatEye team, you’ll need to be based out of our Boulder offices.
• You also need the ability to be driven, work independently but be willing to collaborate, meet deadlines and be passionate about the brand, our products and what you do!
This is just the tip of the iceberg, so if you feel like you’re the best fit, send us your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com stating why!
CatEye is the leading manufacturer of cycle computers, lights and reflectors to cyclists in the world. Founded in 1954 in Osaka, Japan, CatEye has always been a leader in innovation and technology.
In 1964, CatEye created the first flashing lamp for bicycles. CatEye went on to create the very first bicycle headlamp using white LEDs in 2001. The company is truly a world leader in lens and reflector technology.
CatEye’s first cycle computer was released in 1981. Now we offer a full range of computers to meet the demands of cyclists around the globe. Always at the cutting edge of technology, we were among the first companies to integrate altimeter, heart rate, and cadence technology into cycle computers.
From it’s head office in Osaka, Japan, CatEye manages two factories in Japan and one in China, and is an ISO approved manufacturer.