Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines
- This event has passed.
Staunton State Park, Pine
Registration is open for the Staunton Snoduro, the Enduro-style Fat Bike Race on Sunday, March 17 at Staunton State Park!
Six stages. 18-19 miles total.
START: Near the overlook (highpoint) on the Marmot Passage Trail (MP). Riders will start in 1 minute intervals.
FINISH: Near the bottom of Marmot Passage as you approach the Staunton Ranch intersection at Bugling Elk (BL).
TRANSFER #2: Up Bugling Elk to the intersection at Staunton Rocks overlook spur and the stage start – not timed.
START: At the Staunton Rocks overlook spur intersection. Riders will start in 1 minute intervals.
FINISH: Near the bottom of Bugling Elk as you approach the Old Mill and intersection at Mason Creek (MC).
TRANSFER #3: Up Mason Creek to the intersection at Bear Paw (BP), turn right on Bear Paw and proceed ½ mile to the stage start near the Eagles Cliff Spur – not timed.
START: Near the Eagle Cliff Spur overlook trail. Riders will start in 1 minute intervals.
FINISH: On Mason Creek above the high creek crossing (before getting to the areas with park user congestion)
TRANSFER #4: Down Mason Creek to Hines Meadows Trail, turn right and return to venue – not timed.
The race categories:
• Masters Men’s (age 46 and above)
• Masters Women’s (age 46 and above)
• Men’s (age 21-45)
• Women’s (age 21-45)
• Junior Men’s (age 20 and under)
• Junior Women’s (age 20 and under)
8:15am Check-in begins
9:00 Races begin
Interested but not racing? After the race categories start, join a “Smiles and Miles” group to enjoy this beautiful course.
1. We love fat biking and we want others to love it too! Because we know great trail conditions can make a good day into an awesome day, Big Ring Cycles and Peak Cycles have partnered with 285 Nordic and Staunton State Park to raise money for grooming equipment at Staunton. Join us in building a great location for fat bike riders for years to come, right here in the front range.
2. We believe in supporting and encouraging young cyclists in this great sport so we will also be raising funds for the High School Cycling League. In 2018, the High School League had 1383 riders building strong minds, bodies, and character one pedal stroke at a time. Join us in supporting the future of cycling!
Your $60 registration fee includes:
• Park entry fee
• Race timing and awards
• Pre-race coffee
• Lunch by the Basted Egg
• Donation to 285 Nordic for winter trail grooming at Staunton State Park and the High School Cycling League.
If we have snow, the trails will be groomed for fat bike use.
This is a fat bike race only. A minimum 3.8″ tire size is required for all racers.
Participating sponsors: Big Ring Cycles, Peak Cycles, 285 Nordic Club, and Staunton State Park
Event details and registration here