Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines
- This event has passed.
Lee Likes Bikes Level 2 MTB Skills Clinic
August 5, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm| $150
Valmont Bike Park, Boulder
Ride all sorts of terrain faster and smoother.
Do you want to clean the rock garden at Hall Ranch (up and down)?
Ready to boost jumps at Valmont and Trestle?
This is the class for you.
Learn the skills you need to ride any terrain: singletrack, pump track, bike park, whatever—you’ll have the tools.
• 4 hours: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a short snack break.
• Maximum 6 people per class, minimum 4 people per class.
• $150 per person
• Learn and ride at Valmont Bike Park in Boulder, CO. Lee Likes Bikes is a Valmont Bike Park Official Adventure Provider specializing in adult skills clinics. 20 percent of your clinic fee goes straight to the park.
What to expect
You should be a relatively fit, experienced rider. If you’ve taken a Level 1 class, that’s excellent but not necessary.
If you’re newer, more timid or simply have less time, check out a Level 1 class.
This Level 2 class will cover the core skills (they are the key to higher level performance, not to mention confidence and safety), but we will move faster than in a Level 1 class, then we will climb higher into the skills tree.
Expect to quickly cover this Level 1 content …
- Basic cornering
- Upper body control in bumps (basic pumping)
… then dive into:
- Advanced pumping (on the pump track and in the rocks)
- Pedaling out of the saddle
- Rocks and ledges
- Whatever else the group is ready for
When you finish this four-hour whirlwind tour, you’ll have a solid toolkit that you can use on any type of trail—and that you can refine infinitely. We give you the Path to Mastery, so you’re always in the sweet spot.
Event details and registration here
All Level 2 clinic dates:
June 3, 17
July 8, 22
August 5, 12
Sept. 9, 23