- This event has passed.
CX Town Hall Meeting
June 4, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Between the BRAC advisory committee meeting and the CX Race Director’s meetings, many things were discussed and agreed upon, and we are moving pretty quickly towards carving many of them in stone. Here are the main points to date:
- Junior categories for CX will go with 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and U19
- No standard schedule will be produced, so RD’s are welcome to order the day’s groups any way they like
- SS Women and SS 4-5 will be maintained
- A listing of race groups, required minimum times, AND required gaps in between will be published
- Recommended combinations will be given and there will be both fewer starts than last year and more time in between.
- Staging protocols need to be decided. This appeared to be the area that generated the most discussion/disagreement. There are three possibilities:
- Maintain the system from last year — All race groups staged individually by USAC rankings within the race group with staggered starts
- All race groups within a combined start staged together by overall USAC rankings within the combined race start
- Hybrid of the two above — stage all race groups in order, ranked within their specific race group, but with only one whistle to start the whole wave.
We anticipate this last bullet will generate the most discussion at the town hall meeting. We hope to see those of you have will be competing in this coming year’s cyclocross. If you cannot make it, but wish to share ideas, please contact Shawn directly.