Have an event to List?
Whether a race, special group ride, training opportunity, or cycling-related community event, the 303 calendar showcases it all. To have an event posted here please follow this link: Event Policy Submission & Guidelines
- This event has passed.
Avista Women’s Weekly Ride
June 4, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Avista Adventist Hospital is partnering with Golden Bear Bikes this summer to offer a series of cycling rides for women.
New to biking? Not a problem.
Advanced or intermediate rider? We have rides tailored just for you.
- There will be two group bike rides with leaders.
- You can choose from a 5-8 mile route or a 20 mile adventure.
- The rides are designed for women, but all are welcome.
Watch for additional information about rides, clinics and cycling advice on our Facebook page.
Cycling advice for training, riding and racing.
Summer is in full swing and what better way to enjoy it than on two wheels. Biking is a great and fun way to explore your community while getting in some cardiovascular exercise. Whether you’re training for your first century ride or riding to the park with your kids, here are a few tips to remember:
- Make sure your bike fits you properly. If you are riding regularly, a good fit is critical. A proper fit can prevent many overuse injuries that are caused by poor mechanics. If your hands or feet are going numb – that’s a clue you need to adjust how your bike fits.
- Remember to keep yourself hydrated. If you are riding for over an hour, pack some form of electrolytes for your water bottle as well.
- Wear a helmet any time you are on your bike, even if you are only riding a block away to your local park. Injuries often happen close to home.
- Wear sunscreen. If you are out for a long ride, don’t forget to reapply.
Event details here