CatEye America is seeking to fill an entry-level Customer Support / Technical Representative position within our company. The position will be responsible for assistance with education, training, coaching, troubleshooting and promoting our products in the field.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Inside customer / tech support – When not on the road, you’ll be in the office backing-up the customer service manager by handling consumer, retailer and distributor rep phone calls.
- Customer interaction – this includes audiences at all levels – industry through consumer – on the phone and in-person. You will be responsible for providing a high-level of customer service to every audience, realizes their differences, challenges and opportunities within each.
- Be a consultative source – This means you will need to know the product inside-and-out, backwards-and-forwards. You will also need to know competing products and how they compare to CatEye’s. Most importantly, you’ll need to be articulate to pass along your knowledge and make it relatable to your audience.
- Management of a regular travel schedule – This is a travel-heavy job. You will be on the road upwards of 25 weeks per year, so be prepared to spend time away from home. Therefore, you need to be organized and comfortable with arranging travel plans and be extremely efficient at maximizing your time out of the office. Additionally, the tech rep will need to coordinate travel with our inside and outside sales personnel to ensure our internal and external customers are receiving the attention they deserve.
- Support at events – Some of your travels will involve participation at events. This can include any aspect from set-up to tear-down, so some weekend attendance or after-hours travel will be involved.
- Regular reporting practices – Communication is critical in this position. Given you are the link between our company and our customers; we need to hear about your findings in the field. This includes easily read trip reports with sales data and competitor info to back-up your findings. You are the company’s eyes and ears in the field. We expect good data from your travels.
Job requirements/Required Qualifications/Core Skills:
- 1 to 3 years of retail sales or customer service experience. Experience in (or with) the outdoor channel or cycling industry specifically is heavily preferred.
- Excellence in all forms of communication. At times, you will be the voice and the face associated with the brand. Therefore, you’ll need to be comfortable with presenting product in all its facets and interfacing with customers at all levels.
- Proficiency with the regular suite of office programs – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc. To note, we are an Apple-based office. Since the position involves so much travel, you’ll need to be regimented with submitting reports and information from the road.
- Helpful traits and attributes for success – creative, collaborative, forward thinking, organized, gregarious, flexible and composed. This will be a challenging position that will throw you many curve balls. Whether it is through travel, product troubleshooting, rival products or whatever, you’ll need to be prepared, adaptable and be able to take things in stride. That said, this is a rewarding role that allows you to work with a great team, in a fun industry, promoting great products.
- Candidate must live in or reside near the Boulder, Colorado area, or have the desire to relocate. Since you’ll be an integral part of the CatEye team and receive regular product training, you need to be based out of our Boulder offices.
- You also need the ability to be driven, work independently but be willing to collaborate, meet deadlines and be passionate about the brand, our products and what you do!
If you feel like you’re the best fit, send us your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com stating why!
About us: CatEye is the leading manufacturer of cycle computers, lights and reflectors to cyclists in the world. Founded in 1954 in Osaka, Japan, CatEye has always been a leader in innovation and technology. In 1964, CatEye created the first flashing lamp for bicycles. CatEye went on to create the very first bicycle headlamp using white LEDs in 2001. The company is truly a world leader in lens and reflector technology. CatEye’s first cycle computer was released in 1981. Now we offer a full range of computers to meet the demands of cyclists around the globe. Always at the cutting edge of technology, we were among the first companies to integrate altimeter, heart rate, and cadence technology into cycle computers. From it’s head office in Osaka, Japan, CatEye manages two factories in Japan and one in China, and is an ISO approved manufacturer.