Koppenberg Circuit, Date TBD
We thought '3rd times a charm', right? I guess not this time since we had to cancel the Koppenberg. The Saturday evening monsoon did the hill in. We checked on it on Saturday after Friday evening's showers and the hill was bone dry. Never did we think it would have become so muddy so quick. In the end we made the call at 6am and started getting the word out the best we could. Apologies to the morning racers.
What's next you ask? Well, here's the plan. We have a date in mind and are waiting for clemancy from the authorities for our 3rd reschedule - that's three attempts. We will know shortly, stay tuned.
Refunds - Once we have a date we will give racers the option of a refund or staying registered and avoiding a future late fee. Please be patient until we make this announcement, very soon.
Oh, yes, one more thing, we are CHANGING THE RULES. From here on forward the race will not be canceled b/c of mud. In the future, if the hill is unrideable, then the expectation is that riders will hike the bike up the grassy sides and remount on top. So this means it is highly recommended that if it is wet outside, you bring Mountain Bike shoes and pedals. We will investigate footbath options (seriously) on top of the hill in case of mud on the cleats before remounting.