I love commuting to work on my bike and have always used a messenger bag to carry my stuff (i.e. clothes, shoes, lunch, laptop etc.). It's either old age or the amount of stuff I need to carry but the messenger bag tweaks my back, shoulder, neck etc. I decided to give a backpack a try to alleviate the stress on my body.
I gave the Chrome - Pawn RollTop Pack a try. Chrome describes the pack as Our most compact, all purpose pack with a seam-sealed, roll-tight, waterproof compartment (beer cooler). Made in the USA. Guaranteed for Life
When I first took the backpack out of the box I was very impressed. The bag is designed for commuting and keeping what ever you are transporting safe and dry. From the thick Codura outer shell to the rubberized waterproof main chamber to the waterproof zippers to name a few. There are other little design details that really make the bag stand out.
My commute is 15 miles each way and the bag has functioned perfectly. It is very stable on my back even with all the stuff in my bag (i.e. change of clothes, Mac Book Pro, shoes, lunch etc.).
The last thing I want to say about the bag is that it can keep you organized. I know with my old messenger bag it was bottomless pit with one very large compartment. This pack has one larger compartment and a few smaller ones which I really loved.
From more information about Chrome products check out their website.
- Weight: 3.7 lb.
- Fabric: 1000 denier Cordura outer shell, 18 oz. seam-sealed truck tarp liner
- Flat Dimensions: 18” wide, 19” high, 6” deep
- Weatherproof 1,000 denier Cordura outer backpack
- Fully waterproof seam-sealed main chamber
- Watertight rolltop closure
- Laser-cut unbreakable stainless steel hardware
- Weatherproof urethane coated YKK zippers
- External wet-dry pockets
- Haul loop handle and daisy chain lash points
More Pictures of the pack