Remember when the velodrome was just a baby
Official statement from the president of the velodrome
After significant effort was expended to create a more positive outcome, it is with great regret that we announce the closing of Boulder Indoor Cycling, home to Boulder’s first velodrome, as well as CycleTykes, the area’s best kids’ cycling instructional program, effective at the end of April. Even so, efforts continue to try and find an alternative solution. We want to thank our customers, sponsors, employees, the citizens of Boulder and the local cycling community for the tremendous support we have received over the past 3½ years and we especially appreciate the opportunity we’ve had to increase awareness in so many different aspects of the cycling industry along the front range.
As a result of this decision, we will be liquidating most of our current inventory, including our rental fleet of track bicycles, bicycle components (wheels, tires, seats), T-shirts, etc. We are also planning to hold several special events in the coming week including our cycling Time Trials and one last evening of First Friday races on May 4th as a final thank-you. For more information on any of these activities please visit www.BoulderIndoorCycling.com or our Facebook page: (http://www.facebook.com/#!/BoulderIndoorCycling) , or call us at 303-CYCLING (303-292-5464) with any questions or concerns.
In light of the above statement the firm closing of today, April 29th, is no longer true
According to rumors from extremely good sources the Boulder Velodrome will be closing their doors firming after this Sunday. According to our sources, all employees were given notice yesterday, Friday April 27th that Sunday April 29th will be the last day of operation for the current owners of the facility. The current owners of the velodrome have not made a formal statement but the general manager has confirmed the rumor to be true. Obviously this has caught a lot of people off guard but in just 24 hours an enormous amount of support has been pouring out to the existing employees and plans are being worked out that will allow the velodrome to continue to operate under new ownership. Stay tuned to how this story develops
Remembering the Boulder Velodrome. Here is a list of stories we have reported on in the past.
Related Past Articles
- 10/13 - Construction starts
- 10/30 - Registration for adult leagues open
- 10/31 - Article in Boulder Biz Report
- 11/3 - Update
- 11/6 - First Photos
- 11/13 - Looking for Volunteers
- - Starting to take shape!
- 11/21 - Log jam has occurred.
- 11/25 - Work restarts on the track.
- 11/26 - Boulder Velodrome is moving along!
- 11/30 - More turns on the velodrome
- The plywood going up!
- 12/8 - Plywood nearly complete
- 12/9 - More Progress
- 12/11 - And more..
- 12/16 - Track nearly complete
- story on the Boulder Velodrome
- 12/19 - Track opening December 22nd
- 12/22 - Things are rolling
- Boulder County Biz Report story
- 1/13 - Minor Details and Racing to begin soon
- 1/28 - Update
- 2/6 - New Schedule
- 2/10 - Timing System
- 2/17 - Photos from the first night of racing
- 3/12 - MTB Phase II
- 3/23 - New Schedules released
- 4/17 - Racing Video
- Boulder Velodrome gets cleaned