Photo Credit: Bvvelodrome Facebook
From Boulder Valley Velodrome
A Message From Doug & Frank (April, 2014)
“In 2004, when Frank Banta and I hatched our idea to build a velodrome, we stole the movie line from “Field of Dreams” as our mantra: “If you build it, they will come.” In 2007, we traveled to Toluca, Mexico, to meet our track designer, Peter Junek. He was completing a 250-meter track, and we were lucky enough to be there when it was ready to ride. I had never been on a velodrome, but I always knew I would like it. Peter and I hopped on the track and did about twenty laps. It was exhilarating. I stopped, looked at Frank, and said, “We’re building a velodrome, and I don’t care if anyone comes”. Although my statement was heartfelt, we actually do want you to join us. It will be a little lonely riding by ourselves, anyway.” – Doug Emerson
1. When will the track be open?
2. Can I still become a Founding Member?
3. Can you explain the structure for the 10 regular clubs?
4. Are there club slots still available?
5. How can I get on the track if I’m not in one of the original ten clubs?
6. What will go on in the winter?
and a handful more
Read the responses to the questions above at Boulder Valley Velodrome