Job Description – Spring 2013 - Summer 2013 – Fall 2013
Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder is seeking a qualified person to lead a group of approximately 8-15 youth from
predominantly low-income racially/ethnically diverse backgrounds from varying partnering agencies on single day
mountain bike rides, 5 day camps, overnight trips and/or deliver Earn a Bike curriculum on bike mechanics. This
person will work with the program manager to prepare supplies and complete logistical needs and develop daily
plans in order to safely and efficiently execute delivery of Ride Program or Earn a Bike.
- Minimum of Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
- Experience, comfort and passion working with youth ages 10-18 years of age.
- Comfort facilitating activities with groups of 2-20 individuals.
- Willingness to learn how to plan and implement Trips for Kids Denver/Boulders’ safety and educational activities.
- Experience and knowledge of working with youth in classroom and outdoor settings.
- Experience handling multiple tasks, and responding to crisis situations with a professional and level-headed
- Ability to work independently and with others as circumstances require.
- Ability to make individual judgment calls about safety and risk management with students, agency staff and
- Understanding of and ability to work within existing office and administrative operations.
- Comfort working with Windows based software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and an online
- Comfort driving van/truck on city streets freeways and mountain driving.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Spanish speaking (a plus but not required).
Hours and Pay Scale:
This position is a contractual position estimating approximately 75 days work (9am-3pm) at $70 for full ride day or
$40 for Earn a Bike (hours vary and take place during the school year). There are opportunities for additional time.
To work closely with the Program Manager in the execution of the ride and earn a bike program. To utilize existing
curriculum in the implementation of daily activity and learning exercises. To develop rapport with all youth,
volunteers and agency staff during program. This person will function as a lead on all ride or earn a bike program
days. To track and maintain student paperwork and data. This person will work with the Program Manager to
ensure that data is turned in, complete and up to date in the Trips for Kids database
For more information or to apply please contact:
3150 W. Jewel Ave. Denver, CO 80219