Looking to turn the page in your career in 2010 or want a job that is more inline with your core values? Bicycle Colorado is hiring an Education Manager. If a full time job is more than you want to commit then you could also intern with 303 and help us write cycling news.
Job Description for Education Manager Below
The Position: This is an opportunity to work in a growing field and utilize a passion for bicycling, teaching, and creativity to improve Colorado. The benefits of bicycling positively affect safety, health, economic development, and the environment.
The Seasonal Education Program Manager will report to the Education Director. Responsibilities focus on management and implementation of Safe Routes to School and Bicycle Commuter Services programs across the state. The selected Seasonal Program Education Manager will be passionate about bicycling and enjoy spending time with children.
Education Programs: Bicycle Colorado’s Safe Routes to School program increases the number of children bicycling and walking to school in our state while encouraging safe bicycling and walking behaviors. Components include teacher trainings, in-class lessons, encouragement programs, and coordination with school administration. Since 2006, Bicycle Colorado has taught over 25,000 students how to use their bicycles safely while having fun.
Our Bicycle Commuter Services program aims to increase the number of adults commuting to work by bicycle. This developing program includes bicycle safety instruction, on-bicycle skills, encouragement programs, and coordination with businesses, agencies and human resource departments.
* Assist teaching Bicycle Colorado’s bicycle and pedestrian education programs
* Assist with in-school education, teacher trainings, and adult classes
* Develop and refine education programs, recruitment information, and marketing materials
* Coordinate and guide school staff and volunteers
* Assist with grant writing and publicity efforts for education programs
* Willingness to travel in Colorado and work flexible hours including some evenings and occasional weekends
* Other duties as required
Skills and background sought:
* Comfort and ability teaching children grades K-8
* Strong project or program coordination experience
* Must be passionate about bicycling and improving the lives of children
* Confident and effective public speaking and meeting facilitation skills
* Experienced working with volunteers
* Effective time management and scheduling skills
* Solid Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
* Familiarity with schools and parent-teacher organizations a plus
* Ability to become a certified League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructor
* Experience with production of educational materials a plus
* Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
* Ability to lift bicycles and gear weighing up to 40 lbs.
Bicycle Colorado hosts an environment that encourages employees and contractors to be creative and have fun while making a difference for bicyclists. Employees and contractors are encouraged to share knowledge and ideas to improve our programs and increase members and supporters.
Compensation: This seasonal contract position will be paid an hourly wage commensurate with experience. While the time frame of the project is from February through May, this position has the potential based on grant funding to become full time later in the year.
Contractors of Bicycle Colorado who work with children are subject to a criminal background check.
Position posted January 14, 2010 and will remain open until filled. Please apply promptly.