Thanks to BikeDenver.org to this news
The Volunteer Courtesy Patrol needs 30-40 bicyclists over the age of 18 this summer. Volunteers will assist Park Rangers in four of Denver’s most popular spaces; the Cherry Creek Trail, South Platte Trail, City Park and Washington Park. Bike jerseys and other equipment will be provided. Volunteers will provide their own bicycle and helmet.
BikeDenver and Denver Parks & Recreation are teaming up to launch the Volunteer Courtesy Patrol to expand the reach of the Park Ranger program and help educate users about basic park & trail safety rules and courtesies. Volunteers will assist in pairs 3-4 times a month in 3-4 hour shifts on weekends from June to August.
Volunteer Courtesy Patrol Goals:
* Increase the Denver Park Ranger’s presence and visibility in four of Denver’s most popular parks and multi-use trails
* Educate trail and park users about basic safety rules and courtesies
* Model safe riding behavior for bicyclists
* Assist residents and visitors by providing directions and information
* Report on conflict areas, and physical safety issues
Learn more and sign up at Bike Denver