Last week the national conference for the Bicycle Tour Network was held in Denver at the Grand Hyatt. The conference was a catalyst for innovation and collaboration by providing a forum where tour directors from around the country can connect, share knowledge, talk with industry experts and meet with vendors through a number of social events, workshops and general sessions.
Check out our video interview with a number of tour and event directors from some of the biggest events around the country (Ragbrai, Bike MS, The Buff Classic, Boulder Cup, Iron Horse, Oklahoma Free Wheel, Venus de Miles, etc) to see what their main "takeaways" from the conference was and why Colorado is such a great role model for other states.
Sessions and Speakers Included:
- Bicycle Events & Advocacy - Scott Christopher (Bicycle Colorado)
- Optimizing Registration Resources - Lucas McCain (Prerace.com)
- Simple to Sexy - The mobile app economy - Chris Globe (MapMyFitness)
- Bicycle Tourism Boom - Jim Sayer (Adventure Cycling)
- Media & Corp Partnerships - Brian Farris (USA Pro Challenge)
The conference finished with a evening with Ron Keifel, which was a fairly light hearted story telling of Ron's experience with the 7-11 team and what bicycle tourism meant to him and his family's bike shop back in the early days of the Ride the Rockies tour. If you've never heard Wookie (Ron) talk then now is your chance, he's witty, clever and full of stories.