(Friday, October 25th, North Carolina's Beech Mountain).
Colorado properly represented on day one as the 2013 USA Cycling Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championships got a very chilly start. Here are Friday's results from USA Cycling.
Division I Women's Short Track Cross-country
1. Kate Courtney (Stanford University)
2. Lauren Catlin (Fort Lewis College)
3. Allie Dragoo (Marian University)
4. Linnea Dixson (University of Wyoming)
5. Emily Shields (Lees-McRae College)
Division II Women's Short Track Cross-country
1. Erica Zaveta (Brevard College)
2. Alexis Skarda (Colorado Mesa University)
3. Sarah Hill (Brevard College)
4. Essence Barton (California Lutheran University)
5. Addyson Albershardt (Mars Hill University)
Division I Men's Short Track Cross-country
1. Samuel Morrison (University of Colorado-Boulder)
2. Chris Baddick (University of Colorado-Boulder)
3. Kerry Werner (Lees-McRae College)
4. Joshua Johnson (Marian University)
5. Stephan Davoust (Fort Lewis College
From USA Cycling:
The final three-day event on USA Cycling's 2013 national championship calendar, got off to a fast (and snowy) start with the short track cross-country races. It was 25 degrees when racing got underway (that) morning, meaning that racers not only had to compete against their collegiate rivalries but they also had to compete against the weather and course conditions.
Great job, to our Colorado Collegiate Cyclists and all the up-and-comers!